- Shorewood High
College and Career Center
- College & Career Main
- College & More ONLINE
- Area Events (College & More)
- Camps, Internships, and Opportunities
- College Applications
- College Athletics
- College Fit
- College: International
- Community Service Events
- Financial Aid
- Gap Year
- Multicultural Opportunities
- School Profile
- Senior Project / High School & Beyond Plan
- Special Events
- Transition After High School
- What to Do When
- Do You Need Volunteers?
Not sure what is ahead? Consider YearUp
New Graduates: Not Sure What is Ahead? Consider Year Up
Year Up Puget Sound is a one-year, intensive training program that provides low-income young adults, ages 18-24, with a combination of hands-on skills development, coursework eligible for college credit, corporate internships, and wraparound support. We opened our doors in March 2011 and have been overwhelmed with the warm welcome and support from both corporate and community partners in the Puget Sound region. Over 15,000 young adults in the Puget Sound region do not have access to livable wage careers or higher education. Year Up students across the nation are proving that these young adults are capable of adding immediate value to local companies, and we look forward to closing the Opportunity Divide in this community.
See: Year Up Puget Sound
Year Up is a one-year intensive training program that provides young adults, ages 18-24, with a combination of hands-on skill development, transferable college credits and corporate internships. In addition to credits and an internship, Year Up students are immersed in a supportive learning environment and gain skills in IT, quality assurance, web development, database analysis and business communications. Our curriculum is designed to help our students launch professional careers. There is no cost to participate in the program; in fact, students get paid a stipend in exchange for their investment. Want to learn more?
- see About Year Up & explore the website
- download Year Up Overview
- make a general inquiry about becoming a Year Up Student firstname.lastname@example.org
- fill out a Year Up Interest Form and find out more about the process
- contact Brian McRae, Associate Director of Recruitment & Outreach email@example.com 206-200-1303.
Year Up Puget Sound Seattle, 2607 Second Avenue (downtown). 206-441-4465