- Shorewood High
- College & Career Main
College and Career Center
- College & Career Main
- Area & Virtual Events
- Camps, Internships, and Opportunities
- Careers in WA State
- College Applications
- College Athletics
- College Fit
- College: International
- Community Service Events
- Financial Aid & Paying for College
- Gap Year
- High School & Beyond Plan
- Multicultural Opportunities
- Recommended Resources
- School Profile
- Special Events
- Transition After High School
- Video Library
- Volunteers: Information for Nonprofits
- What to Do When
- Options Other Than College
Materials from the Fall Juniors Aiming for College Series
Juniors Aiming for College Series
If you missed tuning for the series, access the materials and videos below.
Links and information are also in the Announcements of your Class of 2023 Canvas course, and on the Video Library page.
Here's the original description:
Juniors anticipating college after high school, here is a series for you! Sessions in this series are not identical: regard them as sequential, and plan to attend all three.
Aiming for College #1: November 16, SAS for Students
This session was on looking ahead and determining Personal Fit.
Slideshow: Jr Aiming for College #1
Recording: Juniors Aiming for College #22.214.171.1241
Do on your own: Recommended Activities Following Session #1
Aiming for College #2: December 2, SAS (9:40 AM) for Students
We will discuss Academic Fit and researching colleges.
Session #2 on Academic Fit & Researching Colleges
Slideshow: Jr Aiming for College #2
Recording: Juniors Aiming for College #2 12.2.2021
Do on your own: Recommended Activities following Juniors Aiming for College #2 Note that these steps should be done over the next few weeks and months. Don’t rush it; take your time to learn and reflect. If you have questions, come on in and ask!
Thinksheet: College List Worksheet Make a copy and use to guide your research.
Aiming for College #3: December 9, 6:00 PM for Students and Parent/ Guardians
We hope that parents/ guardians will tune in with their students since we will be talking about financial fit and finding options that fit your budget.
Slideshow: Jr Aiming for College #3
Recording: Juniors Aiming for College #126.96.36.1991
Do on your own:
- see the Financial Fit section of the College Fit page on this website for steps
- use the College List Worksheet to guide your research
- as needed, refer to the Financial Aid pages (there are several nested under Financial Aid) and the Scholarships page
- have a money talk as a family to make expectations and limitations clear
Please keep in mind that some of the terminology and rules will change for the 2023-2024 FAFSA/ WASFA; we will update in the summer.
- the book we recommended is the Price You Pay for College by Ron Lieber, available at any bookstore.
- see the resource lists on the last few pages of the Jr Aiming for College #3 slideshow
- also on our Recommended Resources page