- Shorewood High
- Community Service Events
College and Career Center
- College & Career Main
- Area & Virtual Events
- Camps, Internships, and Opportunities
- Careers in WA State
- College Applications
- College Athletics
- College Fit
- College: International
- Community Service Events
- Financial Aid & Paying for College
- Gap Year
- High School & Beyond Plan
- Multicultural Opportunities
- Recommended Resources
- School Profile
- Special Events
- Transition After High School
- Video Library
- Volunteers: Information for Nonprofits
- What to Do When
- Options Other Than College
DandyLyon Drama Teaching Artist Volunteer--for camps in July
Teaching Artist Volunteer
Between 18-33 hours per week
Unpaid, eligible to receive volunteer hours
July 18-22 8:45am-3:15pm July 25-29 8:45am-3:15pm
Scroll down for information on how to apply.
Dandylyon Drama is an educational non-profit performing arts organization that helps students thrive by shining a light on their unique strengths. Through a variety of exciting theater productions, fun classes, and engaging online programs, we build a creative, compassionate, and courageous community with you.
Dandylyon Drama’s mission is to grow more creative, compassionate, and courageous people through quality and accessible performing arts education.
Dandylyon Drama believes in equity, justice and inclusion for all. We actively welcome and include people of all races, socioeconomic statuses, colors, national origins, religions, ages, sexes, sexual orientations, genders, gender identities, neurological and physical abilities, employment histories, citizenship statuses, and education levels. Dandylyon Drama is a non-profit arts organization that operates in King County, occupying land of the Coast Salish, Stillaguamish, Duwamish and Susquamish People.
Dandylyon Drama is seeking Volunteer Teaching Artists to support our outdoor summer camps at Cromwell Park in Shoreline, WA.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Loves creating, exploring, and working with students aged 4-13
- Has interest in learning from experienced Teaching Artists
- Is comfortable asking questions, learning, and working with youth
- Is interested in personal and professional growth
- Aligns with Dandylyon Drama’s belief in equity, justice, and inclusion
- Is an excellent communicator
Essential Functions and Duties
- Relationship Building, Teaching, & Facilitation
- - Build and maintain strong relationships with students and families
- - Respectfully represent Dandylyon Drama in the community.
- - Support Teaching Artists as they lead games, rehearsals and activities
- - Assist with daily set-up, clean up, and camper sign-in
- - Learn students’ names
- - Greet students with a smile and introduce them to one another
- - Encourage all students to participate using positive language and maintain a
- safe environment.
- - Clearly communicate with Teaching Artists, admin team, and Producing
- Director any problems, needs, or successes
- Follow Dandylyon Drama and City of Shoreline COVID protocols and best practices.
- Have an interest in arts education, performance, and working with students aged 4+
- In order to work in the City of Shoreline, you must be fully vaccinated. This means having received 2 doses of Pfizer or Moderna or 1 dose of Johnson and Johnson and the booster shot
- Submit a background check
Current First aid/CPR certification
Everyone has certain accessibility requirements to succeed. Dandylyon Drama is committed to providing access needs to our staff and community. Please let us know how we can support you and your success.
This position frequently interacts with the Artistic/Executive Director, Producing Director, and Lead Teaching Artists
How to apply
If you are interested in this exciting Volunteer Opportunity with Dandylyon Drama please email email@example.com with your resume and short cover letter, explaining why you have a passion for arts education. Please visit www.dandylyondrama.org for more information about our organization.
Download a printable handout with the above information.