- Shorewood High
- Community Service Events
College and Career Center
- College & Career Main
- Area & Virtual Events
- Camps, Internships, and Opportunities
- College Applications
- College Athletics
- College Fit
- College: International
- Community Service Events
- Financial Aid
- Gap Year
- High School & Beyond Plan/ Senior Project
- Multicultural Opportunities
- Recommended Resources
- School Profile
- Special Events
- Transition After High School
- Video Library
- Volunteers: Information for Nonprofits
- What to Do When
- Options Other Than College
Return to Headlines
Saturday Habitat Restoration at Twin Ponds Park--generally twice a month
Twin Ponds Habitat Restoration
Work sessions will be on Saturdays.
You must read and follow all instructions.
Inquire for the current schedule and to see if there are spots available. Guidelines subject to change with county & city regulations.
Please read the following information carefully.
- Register with firstname.lastname@example.org
- Only 10 students may attend any one weekly session.
- Masks are recommended only if you have NOT had two Covid vaccine shots.
- You must bring your own sturdy work gloves.
- Long sleeves and long pants are necessary as well as sturdy shoes. If rain is in the forecast, wear or take a jacket and hat.
- Please bring your own snacks and water.
- Ms. Fulton will provide further instructions once you have registered.
- Tools provided will be sanitized prior to your use.
- Take a filled out Shorewood 2020-2021 Community Service Form with you. It is important to fill out the form as completely as possible before you go.
- Download and fill out the City of Shoreline Volunteer Permission form so that you can participate in this activity. It must be filled out, signed by a parent/ guardian, and brought to the work party.
We are restoring native wildlife habitat. We have removed dominant, invasive weeds and replaced them with hundreds of plants native to our region. Your help with the ongoing work will be an important contribution to the restoration.
Looking forward to seeing you. --Sarah Fulton
Our work site in Twin Ponds Park is adjacent to a small parking lot on First Ave in Shoreline, WA. The parking lot 5 blocks north of 145th St is where we will meet you.
Please note that the Google maps listing for the park will take you to the wrong place.
Because there is no 150th Street by the park, we recommend using your GPS to find either the intersection of 145th St and First Ave or 155th St and First Ave. Then, travel the five blocks to find the parking lot at about where 150th St should be. The parking lot at 155th St is 5 blocks too far north. The Google maps listing for the park takes you to the wrong place.
YOU MUST HAVE A MASK IN ORDER TO PARTICIPATE.
Looking forward to seeing you some Saturday in the near future. Sarah Fulton email@example.com 301-655-9236.