- Shorecrest High
College & Career Center
- Community Service & Service Learning
- The President's Volunteer Service Award
- High School and Beyond Plan
- Senior Information
- College Information
- Western Undergraduate Exchange (WUE)
- Gap Year
- SAT & ACT
- Financial Aid, FAFSA and Scholarship Information
- Job Opportunities & Teen Labor Laws
- Summer Opportunities, Events & Internships
- Do You Need Volunteers?
UW Young Executives of Color Cohort - 2022-2023
Established in 2006, the mission of the Young Executives of Color (YEOC) program is to cultivate the academic potential of underrepresented high school student leaders in Washington State through college preparation, powerful mentorship, and the development of real-life business skills. YEOC was established to increase the number of underrepresented students in the college pipeline and at the University of Washington Foster School of Business. Through the years, 99% of the 1,228 YEOC students have gone on to attend college, including 62% at the University of Washington this last year!
2022-23 application just opened and the priority deadline to apply is May 31st. We are currently open to high school freshman, sophomores, and juniors for the 2022-2023 school year. Students from underrepresented backgrounds (American Indian/Alaska Native, Black/African American, Hispanic/Latino, Native Hawaiian/Pacific Islander, and Southeast Asian) & First Generation are strongly encouraged to apply. Prior business experience or knowledge is not required, just an interest to learn.
UW NetID is required for login. If you do not have a NetID yet, please request one HERE and mention that you are applying to the “YEOC Program”. Please note that this NetID will follow you if accepted into YEOC and/or the University of Washington. Make sure to keep it professional.
Apply Here: https://uwfoster.force.com/UndergradMain/s/
Below are two more opportunities geared towards high school students interested in Business whose applications just opened or will open soon.
Young Woman’s Leadership Summit (YWLS)
- Targeted at rising high school seniors who identify as Female. (Students from underrepresented backgrounds (American Indian/Alaska Native, Black/African American, Hispanic/Latino, Native Hawaiian/Pacific Islander, and Southeast Asian) & First Generation are strongly encouraged to apply)
- Flyer with Additional Information
- Deadline: April 15th, 2022
Accounting Career Awareness Program (ACAP) Residency Week
- Rising high school sophomores, juniors, and seniors in WA State
- Applicants must be students of color, with priority given to those that are considered underrepresented in the accounting field:
- African American/Black
- Native American
- Brochure with Additional Information
- Application opens March 1st, 2022