- Children's Center Prek
Extended Care Information Night on March 13 and 2017-18 Registration Information
The Shoreline Children's Center will host an Extended Care Information Night on Monday March 13 from 6:30-7:15 p.m. in their cafeteria, 1900 N. 170th St., Shoreline. Staff will present information on the Extended Care programs offered through the Children's Center and discuss registration changes for the 17-18 school year.
You can find more information about 17-18 Extended Care registration below.
Shoreline Schools Extended Care Enrollment: 2017-2018
Extended Care Registration Update and Timeline
In order to increase our capacity, safety and quality of services, Extended Care will now be offered in three 5-day week options:
Before and After School
Includes ½ days
After School Only
Includes ½ days
Before School Only
There will be no additional charge or enrollment for early release days for children enrolled in Before/After Care and After Care only. Staff Work Days and Winter, Mid-Winter and Spring Breaks, will continue to require additional enrollment and fee.
All returning and new registrations will be done in person at the Shoreline Children’s Center at 1900 N. 170th St. Shoreline, WA 98133. Office hours are 6:30 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. Registration fees of $50 per family are due at time of registration.
- May register between March 15-29 (by 6:00pm)
- A student who is currently enrolled either in the Extended Care program or the Preschool program is considered to be “returning.” A sibling of a current student is not considered “returning” if the sibling is not currently enrolled in either Extended Care or Preschool.
- If your child is currently enrolled in Extended care at one of the elementary schools, his or her spot will be reserved, PROVIDED YOU COME IN TO REGISTER THEM DURING THE TWO-WEEK PERIOD BETWEEN MARCH 15-29. If you do not come in to register during those two weeks, your child’s spot will be released and your child will be considered a “new” student for registration purposes.
- A lottery* will take place in the unlikely event that all spots at a site will be filled with returning students; families will be notified by email and called on March 31 if their student is put on a waitlist.
- Registration is not on a first-come, first-served basis. A lottery will be held instead.
- Submit a “Request for Care” form in person, by mail, email (email@example.com) or fax (206-393-4258) between March 30 and noon on April 14.
- “Request for Care” forms are available on our website; hard copies are also available in elementary school offices and the Children’s Center office.
- All students with a “Request for Care” form turned in by 12 p.m. on April 14 will be put in a drawing to be held that day.
- Families who have a student selected from the lottery will be contacted, by email, on April 14.
- Students selected from the lottery* MUST register for their selected spot during a two-week window between April 14-28 in order to save their spot. Students selected from the Lottery who do NOT register during April 14-28 will lose their spot.
- If you have not received an email by the end of the day on April 14, your child will be on the waitlist.
- Those submitting a “Request for Care” form after 12 p.m. on April 14 at noon will be added to the wait list as they register.
*Lottery Info: Students not drawn for a spot will be placed on a wait list in the order their name was drawn. If a spot opens up, the next student on the waitlist will be called and moved into that spot. Families on the wait list have two (2) business days to reply after receiving notification of an available spot. Families then have five (5) business days to come in and register.