- Syre Elementary
Directions for Accessing Google Accounts and ClassLink at Home
Here's an updated document explaining how to login to Google and Classlink. The district's directions had a piece about changing passwords that didn't apply to most of Syre's students. Most students did not change their passwords.
Login Directions for Google/ClassLink (This is what the document says in case you are unable to download.)
1st-6th Grade At-home Instructions for Google, Classlink Resources, and KCLS eBooks and Databases
- Open your browser (Chrome, Firefox, Safari etc). Chrome is best for Google Apps.
- Go to www.google.com and check in the upper right hand corner of your screen to see if a family member is already logged into Google. If so, log them out.
- Click the “Sign In” button in the upper right hand corner of your screen
- Enter your district email address. Email is: first inital+last initial+student email@example.com Everything must be spelled correctly without any spaces. Don’t forget the dots!
- Click “Next”
- A Shoreline schools login box will pop up. Enter your district username. It’s the first part of your email address that’s to the left of the @. Example: az0983330
Enter your password. Most students will use their student number preceded by a zero - with no initials. Example: 00983330
**Some older students were allowed to change their passwords. If they have forgotten them, contact firstname.lastname@example.org to have the password reset.
- Click “Login”
- Once you’re signed in, go to Classlink
at https://launchpad.classlink.com/shorelineschools and then click the blue, “Sign-In With Google” button. It should automatically take you to a screen where you will “Choose An Account”. Your student name and Shoreline email should be showing. Click on your name and you will be taken directly to Classlink.
- Classlink is the starting point where Shoreline students find the apps they use for classroom and at-home learning. In Classlink, you will find…
a) Google Apps - Google Docs, Classroom, Drive, Sheets, etc.
b) KCLS Resources and eBooks (see page below)
d) Britannica Encyclopedia
e) School district curriculum links
Checking out KCLS eBooks From Classlink
- Make sure you’re in Classlink. See instructions above.
- Click the Overdrive eBooks for Kids button
The first time you do this, you’ll be asked to login.
Username = 412 followed by your student number.
Password = The last four numbers of your username above
- Find a book. Click to borrow it. You may be asked to login again. Use the same Username and Password listed above.
- Click “Read Now In Browser”
If you see “Having trouble?” click it and you’ll see “Read Now In Browser”
Returning to read a book you started earlier: When you want to return to reading your book, go through steps 1-2 and then click “My Account” and then click “Loans.” You’ll see your book.
Once you are in Classlink, you can use the many databases available at KCLS. Find homework help, research topics, view historical documents, find “read-alike” books, watch movies, and more. In Classlink, find the KCLS databases under KCLS Resources