- Parkwood Elementary
Family Support Resources
Dear Parkwood families,
On behalf of all of us at Parkwood, we hope that you are safe, healthy, and doing well during this unprecented school closure.
Please regularly check this website and your child's Seesaw, ClassLink, or Google Classroom account as information is updated regularly.
Please take care of yourself. We can't wait to see you all again!
Ann Torres, Parkwood Principal
Information on ClassLink and Parkwood Library Resources:
- Using Classlink at home. Includes a How-To video on how to access Classlink and check out an audio book.
- Your student will need to know their student ID number (which is also their lunch ID number).
- Handout that gives written instructions about how to access ClassLink and ebooks through the King County Library System.
- Handout (with pictures) explaining how to connect to Shoreline's Google resources and/or ClassLink.
- This link will take you to the Parkwood library resource page with lots of links to programs and learning opportunities.
Each student/family will be contacted at least twice each week by their teacher. This may include but is not limited to: whole class communications; class meetings; office hours; small groups; individual students; and assignment explanation, completion and feedback; or other configurations as determined by the teacher.
Helpful Parkwood Contacts:
Your child's classroom teacher knows you and your child best. Please contact them if you need any assistance with anything. You can click here to be taken to the Grade Level Information page of the Parkwood website. It contains the most important learning goals for math and English/Language Arts for every grade level and has a direct link to your child's teacher's email address.
Additionally, if you:
- Need help getting a Chromebook, food or other resources? Email Kendra Treece, Parkwood Family Advocate, or call her at 206-393-4156. You can also click here for detailed resources about local foodbanks, learn when to come to Parkwood to pick up lunch for children, and find out how to request gift cards.
- Need help Zooming? Video instructions: Spanish English
- Need tech help? Visit https://www.shorelineschools.org/hometechhelp, or email Amanda Workman, Parkwood's librarian.
This section can also be found in the “Community” tab of our district website under “Closure Resources.” Below are links to some of the frequently visited pages on that site for easy bookmarking:
- Home Learning Resources
- Food Resources
- Priority Childcare
- Financial Resources
- Anti-Stigma Resources
- COVID-19 Information
- Well-Being Resources
- United Way of King County Resources List
- Guidelines for Gathering of Youth While Schools Are Closed
- Talking to Your Kids About COVID-19