Oct 22 – 25, 2019
Schedule at a Glance
- Chess Club meets in Room 169
- DECA meets in Room 193
- LAX Club meets in Room 228
- Model UN Club meets in Room 351
- Muslim Student Association meets in Room 337
- PALS meets in Room 250
- Spanish Club meets in room 232
- Ceramics Club meets in Room T110
- Math Night meets in Room 303
- Robotics Club and TSA work time meets in Room 180
- College Personal Statement Reading, C & C Center, 3:30-5:30 PM, registration req.
- College Kick-Off (FAFSA) for Seniors & Families, SC Library/Commons, 5:30-8:00 PM, free
A Day (Early Release)
- Art Club meets in Room T113
- Bible Study Club meets in Room 250
- Environmental Club meets in Room 327
- Gains Club meets in Room 230
- Jewish Student Union meets in Room 169
- Black Student Union meets in Room 327
- Chess Club meets in Room 169
- French Club meets in Room 229
- Interact Club meets in Room 232
- Mental Health Club meets in Room 248
- Philosophy Club meets in Room 351
- TSA general meeting in Room 180
- Virtual Reality (VR) Club meets in Room T110
- TSA work time meets in Room 180
- Contortion Club meets in the Fitness Room
- Girls Who Code meets in Room 209
- Key Club meets in Room 341
- Latino Club meets in Room 303
- Newspaper Club meets in Room 187
- Virtual Reality (VR) Club meets in Room T110
Seniors! Get help filling out your FAFSA, the Free Application for Federal Financial Aid. This application is the first step in getting financial aid for college. Help is available Tuesday, Oct. 22 here at school from 5:30-7:30. Bring a parent, your chromebook and 2018 taxes. More info is in your k12 email. Questions? See you counselor or Ms. Monson. More information here: https://www.shorelineschools.org/Page/2567
The PSAT will be at Shorecrest this year on October 30, in the morning. All sophomores take the PSAT, with costs covered by the district, and most juniors register and self-pay to take the test as well. Students may pay $17 at the ASB cashier window for the test between October 1 and 24. Students needing financial assistance should check with their counselor. Bring pencils and your own calculator. No cell phone calculators will be allowed.
Student council reps and ASB officers, we have our October Student Council meeting on Tuesday, October 22. Check in with HiHo teacher and then head down to the Theater. See you there.
Hey Shorecrest, don’t miss the opportunity to get an appointment at the Mobile Dental Clinic. It will be here to serve us on Thursday, 10/24. This is a FREE service regardless of insurance benefits. Get your dental needs taken care of right here! Please contact nurse Carlene for an application soon and secure your appointment.
Are you a freshman or a senior who wants to get involved at SC? There are two current ASB positions open to applicants! For freshmen, there are multiple spots open to be a justice or site council member, and for seniors, there's a spot open on site council only. We encourage you to attend the mandatory informational meeting in room 139 on October 29 if you have any interest in being a justice or site council.
Seniors - your hand print wall is happening Wednesday, October 23 via senior English and Civics classes. If you do not have one of those classes, come at passing or lunch.
Shorecrest Drama is excited to present Be More Chill---a fresh, hilarious sci-fi musical comedy about finding out who you are and where you belong. Uncool Jeremy thinks he’s found an easy route up the high-school social ladder: the SQUIP, a nanocomputer-brain-implant-inside-a-pill, will direct him how to dress, act, and generally how to “be more chill.” But when the SQUIP leads him astray, how far will Jeremy venture from friends, family, and his true self---just to fit in?
- Be More Chill is considered PG-14 for strong language and mature themes/content, and is not recommended for children 12 and under.
- Be More Chill will run from Thursday, November 14, through Sunday, November 17, and again the following weekend, Thursday, November 21 through Sunday, November 24. Evening performance times are 7:30pm on Thursdays-Saturdays; matinees are at 2:00pm each Sunday. Advance ticket sales in person at Shorecrest High School, or by phone reservation at 206-393-6190. ***Please note that seat selection is possible only with in-person advance purchases; phone reservations will be assigned best-available seats, and these tickets may be collected and paid for at will-call on the day of performance.*** Advance ticket prices are $12 for adults or $10 for students with ASB card; day-of-show tickets are $15 at the box office. Shorecrest High School is located at 15343 25th Ave NE in Shoreline.
Come get your community service hours! Volunteer as an usher at the Shorecrest Drama's fall show Be More Chill. There is a meeting at Lunch this Thursday October 24 to get more information and sign up. You can earn a potential of 24 hours of service. Get your requirement hours done early.
Are you planning on taking an AP exam in May? You must register through Total Registration. The link is on the SC website. After registering, pay for exams at the ASB window or online. Registration and payment must be complete by Monday, Oct. 28.
Attention sophomores - you have a required class meeting on Monday during Highlander Home. Just wanted to give you a head's up so you know you will not have homework time during HH on Monday!
Interested in playing Shorecrest Girls Basketball this year? Returners and new players to the program are encouraged to attend an informational meeting in Mr. Powell's Room (248) during lunch on Monday, October 28. No basketball experience needed. Bring your friends and spread the word! Go Scots!
Calling all artists! Dublin Dollars is looking for art to auction off for a student art auction on November 7. Help the band, flags, cheer, and the highland dancers by donating a piece of art. Donation forms are available in the main office and art can be dropped off in the office as well. Donations are needed by October 31. Then come join us for dinner, live band Karaoke, and art auction on November 7 with JukeBox at Aurora Borealis. Doors open @ 5:00 PM.
- Deadline: October 25, 2019
- Link: https://forms.gle/mRsQ577EEXjdqSf36
Senior Tributes (Ads)
- Deadline: January 17, 2020
- Link: https://forms.gle/MBu8G7pAwGn5LSVEA
Please direct questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please refer to www.wescoathletics.com for the most up-to-date schedule.
Date Day Event Opponent Ed/Bus Start Site 10/22 Tue C Volleyball Archbishop Murphy 5:15 Shorecrest 10/22 Tue JV Volleyball Archbishop Murphy 5:15 Shorecrest 10/22 Tue V Volleyball Archbishop Murphy 7:00 Shorecrest 10/22 Tue V Boys Tennis 3A South Tourney TBD 1:00 Jackson 10/22 Tue JV Girls Soccer Archbishop Murphy 2:20/2:30 4:00 Archbishop Murphy 10/22 Tue V Girls Soccer Archbishop Murphy 2:20/2:30 6:00 Archbishop Murphy 10/22 Tue Girls Swim Mariner 3:30 Shoreline Pool 10/23 Wed V Boys Tennis 3A South Tourney TBD 1:00 Jackson 10/23 Wed C Volleyball Meadowdale 5:15 Shorecrest 10/23 Wed JV Volleyball Meadowdale 5:15 Shorecrest 10/23 Wed V Volleyball Meadowdale 7:00 Shorecrest 10/23 Wed F Football Marysville-Pilchuck 4:15 6:00 QuilCeda Stadium 10/23 Wed Girls Dive District Qualifier 6:00 Snohomish Aquatic 10/24 Thu V Girls Soccer Meadowdale 6:00 Shoreline Stadium 10/24 Thu Girls Swim Shorewood 3:30 Shoreline Pool 10/25 Fri V Football Lynnwood 7:00 Shoreline Stadium 10/26 Sat CoEd Xcountry Wesco Championship 10:00 Lakewood
Shorecrest Weather Station
7:00 AM - 7:45 AM Highlander of the Month Reception – Sept/Oct, SC Library, 7:00 AM
October 29, 2019
12:10 PM - 12:45 PM Jostens Cap & Gown orders, SC Commons during Lunch
October 30, 2019
7:50 AM - 11:45 AM PSAT (7:50-11:45: Sophomores)
October 31, 2019
News and Notes
Shoreline School District is committed to providing a learning community that engages all students regardless of financial barriers. If you need financial assistance to access any district programs, please contact your school's family advocate (elementary) or your student’s counselor (secondary). Shoreline School District is committed to providing a learning community that engages all students regardless of financial barriers.