Child Find is a program that involves locating, evaluating and identifying students birth through twenty-one years of age with suspected disabilities, who reside within the boundaries of the district. This includes children that lack a fixed, adequate and regular nighttime residence and are considered homeless.
If you have concerns about your child's development, the Shoreline School District offers developmental screenings/evaluations at no charge for children age birth through twenty-one years of age, who live within the Shoreline School District and are suspected of having a disability. For information on:
- Assessments for children 0-2 years, call any of the following:
- Wonderland Development Center at 206.364.3777
- Boyer Clinic: 206-325-8477
- ChildStrive: 425-245-8377
- Northwest Center Kids: 206-286-2322
- Preschool screenings/evaluations for children from 3-5 years, call 206.393.4358.
- Concerns about the development/school progress for students from kindergarten through 21 years, contact the psychologist at your child's school.
- If you live outside the Shoreline School District, call 1.800.756.5437 to access information about Child Find in the school district in which you live.