Free Meal Programs Operated by Hunger Intervention Program (H.I.P):North City Elementary SchoolJune 21 to August 2711:30am to 12:30pm816 NE 190th StreetParamount ParkJune 21 to August 2711:30am to 12:30pm15300 8th Ave NEShoreline Public LibraryJune 21 to August 271:00pm to 2:00pm345 NE 175th StreetAugust 2 to August 2712:15pm to 12:45pm17707 Meridian Ave NShorewood High SchoolAugust 2 to August 2712 noon to 12:30pm17300 Fremont Ave NTo locate more summer meal sites in our area, call 1.866.348.6479 or visit the summer meals finder at https://www.fns.usda.gov/summerfoodrocks. You may also text "Food" or "Comida" to 877-877 to find locations serving free meals.
COVID Facility Safety Measures
At Shoreline, the safety of our students and staff is a top priority. Today, more than ever, we remain committed to following state and local health guidelines and will continue implementing coronavirus safety measures to help protect our staff and students
Updated for the 2020-2021 School Year:
Meal service for all Shoreline schools will be served in person in the cafeteria for the students attending each school. We will operate one community meal site and offer grab and go meals at Edwin Pratt Early Learning Center in addition to feeding the students of Edwin Pratt Early Learning Center in their classroom dining model. Covid-19 requirements will be met with the following prevention strategies in place for all in person meal service models:
- Disposable masks will be worn by all staff that complies with DOH, L&I, and CDC guidance and requirements.
- Staff will maintain 3 – 6 feet physical distancing while working in kitchens and continue to wear masks at all time while on school grounds.
- Routine cleaning and disinfecting of surfaces will occur daily and custodial will use covid approved disinfectant to disinfect high touch points throughout school buildings. Food Service staff will use Quaternary Ammonia Sanitizer on food contact surfaces.
- Physical barriers will be in place on serving lines and at cashier windows (clear plastic curtains or plexi-glass) due to close contact while serving meals to students.
- Meal items (entrees, fruits and vegetables) will be wrapped or cupped and served to students after they make their selection to reduce touch points and eliminate student self-service models. Condiments will be packaged individually to eliminate touch points.
- Silicone keypads will be used in middle and high school when entering meal account number so they may be cleaned and disinfected easily between use.
- Staff screening attestations are in place to ensure staff do not report to work with covid-19 symptoms and that they are sent home if they develop symptoms while at work. We are following all covid requirements as it relates to screening, positive case, and quarantine/isolation requirements per guidance from DOH, L&I and CDC.
- Procedures will be updated and reviewed frequently as official guidance changes.