2017-18 Technology Initiatives
A high level of access to technology resources for students represents a unique opportunity reflecting the vision of Shoreline’s Board of Directors as well as our community’s long record of support in making Shoreline one of the top technology school districts in the nation. The laptop program begun in 2006, the current iPad program at Shorewood and Shorecrest High Schools, and the installation of interactive technologies in all classrooms are significant steps to take full advantage of technology in the learning process. In 2017-2018, both high schools will continue with the 1:1 iPad program, marking the 7th year at Shorewood and the 6th at Shorecrest. Recent textbook adoptions will offer increased online access to course materials via their iPads, and new features in the district’s device management system will allow for more selective distribution of apps that are uniquely suited for select classes. Grades 5-8 will again utilize classroom-based laptop carts – primarily Chromebook, with some MacBooks – to support instructional activities, projects, assessments, and online curriculum materials. Grades K-4 have additional shared laptop/Chromebook carts, computer labs, and interactive technologies (whiteboards and projectors). On the infrastructure front, network capacity has been expanded to accommodate the increase in online resources used by students and teachers.
Freshman and New Student iPad Checkout
Shorewood iPad Checkout - Wed. 8/30 from 12:00pm - 5:00pm
Shorecrest iPad Checkout - Tue 9/5. Time TBD.
All freshman and new students need to do the following prior to checking out an iPad:
- Pay the $35 iPad program fee either online (preferred), or in person at the school business office. If paying online you will accept the iPad Usage Agreement electronically; you do not need to print and fill out the paper iPad Usage Agreement form. If you pay in person you must print, fill out, and sign the iPad Usage Agreement. Bring your online payment receipt (electronic ok), or receipt from the business office with you to check-out your iPad.
- All students new to Shorecrest or Shorewood (including Freshman) must fill out the Use of Networked Information Resources and Communications Form (2314F). Both the students and a parent/guardian must sign this form. Bring the form with you when you pick up your iPad.
- Bring both your student ID number, and your district password (same as your Google K12 login information). Students new to the district will be given login information at iPad checkout.
Forms and Information
- 2017-18 iPad Usage Agreement (pdf)
- Form 2314F - Use of Networked Information Resources and Communications - English (pdf)
- Form 2314F - Use of Networked Information Resources and Communications - Spanish (pdf)
- In-School Only iPad Option Document (pdf)
There will be a $35 iPad fee for all students (payable at each school’s business office or online). As in the past, accidental damage or loss due to theft (not negligence) will require a deductible payment of $75. Loss due to negligence or intentional damage can result in a fine of the full replacement cost of the iPad. Cases will be provided by the district at no cost to students but with the expectation that the cases be turned in with iPads.
iPad Program Fee scholarships are available. Please contact the Shorecrest (206.393.4282) or Shorewood (206.393.4371) office for further information.
For iPad program related questions please email: email@example.com.