Response To Intervention (RTI)
RTI is an instructional system for all students that:
- Uses all school resources to help all students learn.
- Uses research-based programs and instruction.
- Uses a multitiered approach to meeting student needs.
- Focuses on the core program.
- Universally screens students so that none fall through the cracks.
- Uses data to monitor student progress (Washington State Board of Education).
Shoreline School District uses the National Center for Response to Intervention Modules for training and professional development. For more information about the National Center for RTI, see their website, or visit the specific links below.