March 25 – 29, 2019
Schedule at a Glance
- Anime Club meets in Room 230
- Astrology and Tarot Club meets in Room 309
- Ceramics Club meets in Room T110
- Change the World Today Club meets in Room 209
- Contortion Club meets in the Fitness/Wrestling Room
- E-Sports Team meets in Room 346
- History Club meets in Room 350
- Improv Comedy/Stand-up meets in Room 311
- K-Pop Club meets in Room 310
- Latino Club meets in Room 303
- Mindful Monday meets in Room 207
- Tattoo meets in Room 249
- Robotics Club and TSA work time meets in Room 180
- District Volleyball Tournament, SW Gym, 7:00-9:30 PM
Tuesday College Apps Café meets in C&C Center
- American Sign Language Club meets in Room 346
- APICC (Asian/Pacific Islander Culture Club) meets in Room 245
- DIY Club meets in Room 227
- DECA meets in Room 193
- GSA (Gay Straight Alliance) meets in Room 348
- Hamilton/Broadway Club meets in 248
- Model UN Club meets in Room 242
- Muslim Student Association meets in Room 229
- PALS meets in Room 250
- Psychology Club meets in Room 207
- Scuba Club meets in Room 303 meets in Room 303
- Smash Club meets in Room 346
- Ceramics Club meets in Room T110
- Gamers Playing Retro Games meets in Room 304
- Homework Club meets in Room 245
- Math Night meets in Room 303
A Day (Early Release)
- ASL (American Sign Language) Club meets in Room 346
- Art Club meets in Room T113
- Baking Club meets in Room 120
- Bible Study Club meets in Room 250
- Debate Club meets in Room 207
- Environmental Club meets in Room 327
- Newspaper Club meets in Room T110
- Physical Fitness and Training Club meets in Room 230
- Sandwich Club meets in Room 327
- Eastside Band Festival, SC Gym, 7:30 PM
- Black Student Union meets in Room 327
- Chess Club meets in Room 169
- French Club meets in Room 229
- Interact Club meets in Room 232
- Philosophy Club meets in Room 242
- Spikeball Club meets in Room 230
- TSA general meeting in Room 180
- Shorecrest Classical Liberals Club meets in Room 346
- Homework Club meets in Room 245
- TSA work time meets in Room 180
- Drop-In Lunch Club meets in Room 216
- Fashion Club meets in Room 193
- Film Club meets in Room 344
- Girls Who Code meets in Room 305
- Japan Club meets in Room 230
- Key Club meets in Room 341
- Science Club meets in Room 337
- Team Fearless meets in Room 228
- The Club meets in Room 249
- Top Gear SC meets in Room 313
Once seemingly light-years away, Astronomy Night is now on the horizon! Held on Tuesday, April 2nd from 6:30-8:30 pm at Shorecrest, Astronomy Night is a family-friendly event organized by Shorecrest’s astronomy class! Come by for a fun-filled night of crafts, games, refreshments, displays, a planetarium, and more! Once again, April 2nd from 6:30-8:30 pm at Shorecrest High School. Based on your science class, you may be eligible for extra credit!
Attention current sophomores - we are looking to build the ASB Leadership team next year and have positions available for two Site Council reps and one ASB Tech Coordinator for the class of 2021. Please come to the required info meeting at lunch on Wednesday, March 27 in room 139 to learn more about these opportunities.
Please check out the new articles written by our newspaper staff! You can find them online at highlandpiper-sc.com. Please join us for newspaper club every Wednesday at lunch in room M187.
Sophomores and Juniors! Shorecrest is looking for students who are interested in becoming Ambassadors. Ambassadors are student leaders who serve as hosts and tour guides to visitors to our school. Ambassador events may take place in the evening or in the community so we ask for your flexibility and commitment to the program. Students who can speak more than one language are encouraged to apply. Please stop by Room 228 and talk to Ms. Elwell if you would like to apply to become an Ambassador.
Freshman applications are now open for Tattoo! If you are a freshman who's interested in writing and art, or if you would like to be involved in the publishing of our magazine, we would love to have you! Applications will be available in Ms. Marshall's room, 249, and the deadline is Friday, March 29!
Shorecrest's Got Talent is back and we are excited to share our talented students and staff! We are holding auditions on Tuesday 3/26 in Room 193. Check our social media posts and fliers around school to sign up now for your spot! We can't wait to see your amazing talents!
Hey Scots! Want to celebrate Mr. Martinez? Then purchase a limited edition Finn's Produce hoodie or long sleeve. Order forms can be found in Mr. Martinez's classroom. This is pre-order only. Forms and payment are due no later than March 29.
Hey Shorecrest, don’t miss the opportunity to get an appointment at the Mobile Dental Clinic. It will be here to serve us on Thursday, 3/28. This is a FREE service regardless of insurance benefits. Get your dental needs taken care of right here! Please contact nurse Carlene for an application soon and secure your appointment.
If you’re interested in becoming a volunteer for astronomy night, sign up in room 339 (SP’s room) or the career center to help set up, participate, and take down. Any time between 2:30 to 10:00 pm on Tuesday, April 2 is available-- make sure you indicate on the sign-up sheet when you’ll be available to help. Thank you!
Comedy Night is coming! It’s hilarious and it’s for a cause! Proceeds benefit Senior Spree 2019 and the Shorecrest Track and Field team. Join us for Brad Upton and Friends and make a big difference in the life of a student. Tickets are $12 and will be available online at BrownPaperTickets.com or by contacting Mary Sierchio (email@example.com or 206-240-9295) for cash or check purchases. Don’t miss this show in the Shorecrest Theater on Sunday, April 14 at 7:00 PM! Since last June Brad Upton has over 120 million views on Dry Bar Comedy. His millennials video has over 72 million views alone and is the most viewed stand up comedy video ever. He has toured with both the legendary Johnny Mathis and Joan Rivers just to name a few. His CD went to number one on the iTunes Comedy charts and his special is currently available on Amazon Prime. Braduppton.com Drybarcomedy.com Don’t miss this!!!
King County Safe Place is a crisis intervention / homelessness prevention program for runaway and homeless youth under the age of 18. Safe Place connects youth to resources, either through family reunification or emergency shelter placement. Youth can access Safe Place by calling the 24/7 hotline at 1-800-422-TEEN (8336) or visiting a Safe Place site designated by the yellow diamond Safe Place logo. Those 18 and older can use the hotline to learn about available resources.
It is PTSA award time! Each year Shorecrest PTSA presents the Golden Acorn and an Outstanding Educator awards. The Golden Acorn is awarded to a person who has given exemplary volunteer service to children and youth in our school community. This is an excellent way to honor PTA members for their contributions to our association, the school, and the community. The Outstanding Educator Award recognizes an individual who makes significant contributions that enhance the education of children. An educator may be a teacher, specialist, support staff, administrator or community member. Nomination forms are available on the PTSA website under the Awards tab: www.shorecrestptsa.org. Nominations are due by April 5, 2019
Please refer to www.wescoathletics.com for the most up-to-date schedule.
Date Day Event Opponent Ed/Bus Start Site 3/22 Fri JV Baseball Monroe 2:00/2:10 4:00 Monroe 3/22 Fri V Baseball Monroe 4:00 Shorecrest 3/22 Fri JV Boys Soccer Oak Harbor 1:20/1:30 5:00 Oak Harbor 3/22 Fri V Boys Soccer Oak Harbor 1:20/1:30 7:00 Oak Harbor 3/22 Fri V Softball Shorewood 5:00 Shorecrest 3/23 Sat JV Boys Soccer Lynnwood 1:00 Edmonds Stadium 3/23 Sat V Boys Soccer Lynnwood 3:00 Edmonds Stadium 3/26 Tue Boys Golf Edmonds/Woodway 1:45 3:00 Nile GC 3/26 Tue JV Boys Soccer Marysville-Pilchuck 5:00 Shoreline Stadium 3/26 Tue V Boys Soccer Marysville-Pilchuck 7:00 Shoreline Stadium 3/26 Tue V Softball Marysville-Pilchuck 1:50/2:00 4:00 Marysville-Pilchuck 3/26 Tue JV Girls Tennis Everett 3:30 Shoreview Park 3/26 Tue V Girls Tennis Everett 2:10/2:20 3:30 Clark Park 3/27 Wed JV Baseball Mountlake Terrace 4:00 Shorecrest 3/27 Wed V Baseball Mountlake Terrace 4:00 Mountlake Terrace 3/27 Wed Girls Golf MLT & EW & SW 2:00 3:00 Jackson GC 3/27 Wed JV Girls Tennis Archbishop Murphy 3:30 Shoreview Park 3/27 Wed V Girls Tennis Archbishop Murphy 2:50 3:30 Gateway MS 3/28 Thu CoEd Track Meadowdale &ABM 3:30 Shoreline Stadium 3/29 Fri JV Baseball Mountlake Terrace 2:40 4:00 Mountlake Terrace 3/29 Fri V Baseball Mountlake Terrace 4:00 Shorecrest 3/29 Fri V Softball Oak Harbor 4:00 Shorecrest
Shorecrest Weather Station
9:00 AM - 12:00 PM Fill the Truck Fundraiser @ Shorecrest
7:00 PM - 9:30 PM District Volleyball Tournament, SW Gym, 7:00-9:30 PM
7:30 PM - 9:00 PM Eastside Band Festival, SC Gym, 7:30 PM
March 30, 2019
6:30 PM - 8:30 PM Special Needs Starry Night Prom, SC Commons, 6:30-8:30 PM
April 1, 2019
April 2, 2019
7:00 PM - 9:00 PM Family Astronomy Night, SC Commons, Main Lobby, 7:00-9:00 PM
April 3, 2019