Welcome to Shoreline Public Schools!
New students are encouraged to enroll immediately upon moving into the district. To find out the name and location of the school in your boundary area, please log into E-Link or call the Public Information office at 206.393.4412.
Enroll at the main office of the home school that your child will attend. A parent or legal guardian should accompany students when enrolling and bring:
- The student's immunization records
- Withdrawal form or report card from the last school attended
- Proof of residency, (e.g. utility bill, lease agreement, mortgage statement, property tax statement). A child's primary household/residence is defined as the physical location where the child lives and sleeps four or more days/nights per week. Shoreline residents only. The District is closed to new non-Shoreline resident applications for grades K-6, Headstart and Early Childhood Education.
Washington state law requires that all children up to the age of 21 be fully immunized on or before the first day of school, all students must present or have on file a state Certificate of Immunization form, which is documentation of immunization status.
A student may be exempted from these requirements for medical, religious, or philosophical reasons. A change in the law enacted in July 2011 requires a physician's signature for those wishing to exempt for philosophical reasons. A physician's signature is also required to accompany a waiver for medical reasons. A proof of membership in a religious group that does not allow a health care practitioner to provide medical treatment to a child will also be required for those claiming a religious exemption.
- Changes to school and child care immunization exemptions
- Washington State Dept. of Health Vaccine Requirements
Kindergarten Registration 2020-21 Academic Year
Kindergarten enrollment for Shoreline residents with students starting Kindergarten in the FALL of 2020 will begin in person on Tuesday, February 4th at all elementary schools. Frequently asked questions can be found here. To find out the name and location of the school in your boundary area, please log into E-Link.
In order to attend Kindergarten in the fall, children must be five years old by Aug. 31, 2020. When registering at your home/boundary/neighborhood school please bring:
- Proof of age (e.g. birth certificate, passport or USCIS document)
- Health history, including immunization records - IMMUNIZATIONS MUST BE COMPLETE BEFORE STARTING SCHOOL
- Proof of residency (e.g. utility bill, lease agreement, mortgage statement) - Shoreline residents only
- Parent's/Guardian's telephone (day and evening)
- Name, address, and phone number of child's doctor and dentist
If you have additional questions, please contact your home school. To find out the name and location of the school in your boundary area, please log into E-Link or call the Public Information office at 206.393.4412.
Kindergarten Early Entrance 2020-21 Academic Year
If you are interested in the Early Entrance process and your child turns 5 between Sept. 1 and Oct. 31 of the year they are entering school, please click here and thoroughly review the Early Entrance Process. After you have read the process and have any additional questions and/or wish to pursue Kindergarten Early Entrance please call Trinitee King at 206.393.4365 or email firstname.lastname@example.org after February 18, 2020.
Postponed: Kindergarten Lottery Drawing
Kindergarten lottery drawings at all Shoreline elementary schools are postponed due to school closures. When new dates for the kindergarten drawings have been set, they will be communicated to incoming kindergarten families whose students were registered by the February 28 open enrollment deadline.