Welcome to Shoreline Public Schools!
New students are encouraged to enroll immediately upon moving into the district. To find out the name and location of the school in your boundary area, please log into E-Link or call the Public Information office at 206.393.4412.
Enroll at the main office of the home school that your child will attend. A parent or legal guardian should accompany students when enrolling and bring:
- The student's immunization records
- Withdrawal form or report card from the last school attended
- Proof of residency, (e.g. utility bill, lease agreement, mortgage statement, property tax statement). A child's primary household/residence is defined as the physical location where the child lives and sleeps four or more days/nights per week. Shoreline residents only. The District is closed to new non-Shoreline resident applications for grades K-6, Headstart and Early Childhood Education.
Washington state law requires that all children up to the age of 21 be fully immunized on or before the first day of school, all students must present or have on file a state Certificate of Immunization form, which is documentation of immunization status.
A student may be exempted from these requirements for medical, religious, or philosophical reasons. A change in the law enacted in July 2011 requires a physician's signature for those wishing to exempt for philosophical reasons. A physician's signature is also required to accompany a waiver for medical reasons. A proof of membership in a religious group that does not allow a health care practitioner to provide medical treatment to a child will also be required for those claiming a religious exemption.
- Changes to school and child care immunization exemptions
- Washington State Dept. of Health Vaccine Requirements
Kindergarten Registration 2019-20 Academic Year
Please check back in January 2020 for more information surrounding enrollment for the 2020-21 school year. Thank you.
Kindergarten enrollment for Shoreline residents with students starting Kindergarten in the FALL of 2020 will begin in person on Tuesday, February 4th at all elementary schools. To find out the name and location of the school in your boundary area, please log into E-Link.
In order to attend Kindergarten in the fall, children must be five years old by Aug. 31, 2020. When registering at your home/boundary/neighborhood school please bring:
- Proof of age (e.g. birth certificate, passport or USCIS document)
- Health history, including immunization records - IMMUNIZATIONS MUST BE COMPLETE BEFORE STARTING SCHOOL
- Proof of residency (e.g. utility bill, lease agreement, mortgage statement, property tax statement) - Shoreline residents only
- Parent's/Guardian's telephone (day and evening)
- Name, address, and phone number of child's doctor and dentist
If you have additional questions, please contact your home school. To find out the name and location of the school in your boundary area, please log into E-Link or call the Public Information office at 206.393.4412.
Kindergarten Early Entrance 2020-21 Academic Year
If you are interested in the Early Entrance process and your child turns 5 between Sept. 1 and Oct. 31 of the year they are entering school, please click here and thoroughly review the Early Entrance Process. After you have read the process and have any additional questions and/or wish to pursue Kindergarten Early Entrance please call Trinitee King at 206.393.4365 or email email@example.com after February 18, 2020.
Do you live in Shoreline or Lake Forest Park and have a child who will be 5 years old by August 31, 2020? If so, Kinderfest is the place for you!
Kinderfest is an opportunity for parents and guardians of incoming kindergartners to learn about the programs offered by the Shoreline School District. Join us on Saturday, Jan. 25 from 10am - 12pm at the Shoreline Center, 18560 1st Ave. NE, to receive information on Food Services, Transportation, Nurses, English Language Learners, Special Services, Highly Capable Program and PTA. Each elementary school will have representatives available to answer questions. Spanish, Amharic, Mandarin, Tigrinya and Korean interpreters will be available.
Limited, no-cost childcare will be available on-site for children who are over two-years-old and potty-trained. Please note that food will not be allowed in the childcare room due to possible allergies.
Kindergarten registration will begin on February 4th at your neighborhood school. In order to attend kindergarten in the fall, your child must be five years old by August 31, 2020 and reside in the cities of Shoreline or Lake Forest Park.
For more information on registration please contact your neighborhood school or visit the Enrollment webpage at: www.shorelineschools.org/enrollment.
If you have additional Kinderfest related questions, please contact Trinitee King at 206.393.4365 or firstname.lastname@example.org.