• Enrollment Information for Grades K-12


    K-12 student enrollment is now available online.

    Please note: online enrollment is available in English only. Translations are available in person; please contact your school registrar for assistance (click here). 

    New students are encouraged to enroll immediately upon moving into the district. To find out the name and location of the school in your boundary area, please log into E-Link or call the Public Information Office at 206.393.4412. 

    New for the 2022-23 School Year

    Starting this coming 2022-23 school year, Shoreline School District elementary schools will be open to transfer requests from out-of-district students. In recent years, our K-5 schools have been closed to Choice Transfer Requests from students who live outside the district boundaries, but a recent decline in enrollment and projected decreasing numbers means we have room in the coming school year.

    If a family that lives outside of the Shoreline Schools boundary would like to be considered, the first step is to visit this state portal and complete a Choice Transfer Request for their child. Each building will consider the transfer request based on factors such as space in the school/grade and a student's attendance history (see Board Policy 3141P for a full list). Choice Transfer Requests are submitted and considered annually. Once notified of acceptance, the family may then complete the standard enrollment process for their child.

    Please note that transportation is not provided for out-of-district students; if a Choice Transfer Request is approved, the parent/guardian assumes responsibility for transporting the student to and from school daily or allows his/her child with a valid driver's license to drive to and from school daily. 

    There is no change to the policy that Choice Transfer Requests are still considered for middle and high schools. The Head Start and Early Childhood Education (Special Education) programs run by Edwin Pratt Early Learning Center are still closed to out-of-district students.

    Student Enrollment

    Enroll online or through the main office of the home school by reaching out to the school registrar (complete list of registrars). A parent or legal guardian should accompany students when enrolling and provide:

    • The student's immunization records 
    • Withdrawal form or report card from the last school attended 
    • Proof of residency if within the Shoreline Schools boundary (e.g., utility bill, lease agreement, mortgage statement, property tax statement). A child's primary household/residence is defined as the physical location where the child lives and sleeps four or more days/nights per week. The District is closed to new out-of-district applications for Head Start and Early Childhood Education. 

    Immunization Requirements

    Shoreline School District follows Washington State immunization laws and regulations. Click here to learn about for immunizations required for school. All students must have a Certificate of Immunization or Certificate of Exemption on file at the school prior to the first day.

    All immunizations submitted to schools must be medically verified. Examples of medically verified immunization records include:

    • A Certificate of Immunization printed from the Washington State Immunization Information System 
    • A medical record from a healthcare provider with their name and signature
    • A medical record with an official health facility or provider logo/stamp (for example, a booklet that is stamped with the date, vaccine and clinic)
    • A document from another US state or territory immunization registry

    Go here to learn about medically verified immunization.

    For Washington State residents who have received immunizations in the state, you can print out a copy of your student's Certificate of Immunization using the Washington State Immunization Information System. To sign up, go to https://myir.net/. You must first register for an account. If you have difficulties registering, call 1-866-397-0337 or email WAIISRecords@doh.wa.gov.

    Immunization Exemptions
    A Certificate of Exemption is required if a student is not immunized according to the required schedule. Exemptions can be for medical, personal/philosophical, or religious reason. Personal/philosophical exemptions are no longer allowed for the MMR vaccine as of August 2019. The Certificate of Exemption must be signed by a licensed healthcare provider and the parent/guardian. For more information about exemptions and the required forms go here to learn about them.

    HPV and Meningococcal Disease 
    The Washington State Legislature requires schools to make information about meningococcal disease and human papillomavirus (HPV) available to students starting in the 6th grade. Know the facts about these diseases and the vaccines available to protect your child. These vaccines are not required for school attendance, but they are important vaccines that could prevent disease. More information about these diseases and vaccines is available here to learn about.

    Enrollment Information for Kindergarten

    Kindergarten Enrollment for the 2022-23 school year is still open. Children must be five years old by August 31, 2022, to enroll in kindergarten. Proof of residency in the district (if within Shoreline Schools boundary, immunization record, and proof of age are required to register. Online registration is available or you may enroll through your neighborhood school (click here for contact information). Please note that registering for kindergarten at your neighborhood school does not guarantee placement at that school. 



    ⚠️ Kindergarten FAQs can be found here. 

    New students are encouraged to enroll immediately upon moving into the district. To find out the name and location of the school in your boundary area, please log into E-Link or call the Public Information Office at 206.393.4412.

    Related Links:

    Food & Nutrition Services


    Health Services

    Highly Capable

    Edwin Pratt Early Learning Center (Extended Care) 

    If you have additional questions, please contact your home school. To find out the name and location of the school in your boundary area, please log into E-Link or call the Public Information Office at 206.393.4412.

    Kindergarten Early Entrance 2023-24 Academic Year

    If you are interested in the Early Entrance process, and your child turns 5 between Sept. 1 and Oct. 31 of the year they are entering school, please thoroughly review the Early Entrance Process, Policy, and Procedure. After you have reviewed the information and have any additional questions and/or wish to pursue Kindergarten Early Entrance or the 2023-24 school year, please email Trinitee King trinitee.king@ssd412.org after March 17, 2023.