Student Services Overview
The Student Services/Special Programs Department of Shoreline School District strives to honor and support students with unique educational needs by promoting high quality educational programs for all students, providing leadership and assistance to educational staff and fostering collaborative relationships with families and other professional organizations.
Special Education is specially designed instruction, at no cost to parents, to meet the unique needs of eligible students. Special education is a service, not a place.
Guidance Documents & Manuals (Shoreline Staff Only):
- Multi-Tiered Systems of Support (MTSS)
- P-8 Tiered Team Agreements - P-8 Tiered Team Supports
- PBIS Handbook (Link to Positive Behavior and Social Emotional Supports Department webpage)
- Behavior Resources
- School Refusal and Re-Engagement Guidance
- Protocol for Responding to Students at Risk for Suicide
- Ryther Mental Health Services Guidance
- Threat Assessment
- Home/Hospital, Homebound, Home School Guidance and Remote Learning Implications
- Gender Identity and Gender Expression guidance document is now located on the Equity & Family Engagement webpage -> Information Regarding LGBTQIA+ Student Rights
- Co Teaching Website