Head Start is a federally funded child development program for low-income children and their families. The Head Start programs in Shoreline Public Schools serve three-year and four-year-old children, offering full day programs at our Edwin Pratt Early Learning Center.
Enrolling In Head Start:
Enrollment is open year-round. Enroll your child at any time to get on the waiting list for the next opening in a Head Start classroom.
The Shoreline Public Schools Head Start program serves three year and four year old children. Your child must reach the age of three or four by August 31 in order to enroll.
Head Start programs are for low-income families. You will be asked to provide proof of your income for the preceding calendar year. Shoreline Public Schools Head Start programs are for families residing in the City of Shoreline & Lake Forest Park. Your child must live within the Shoreline School District Boundaries.
To Enroll your student:
Head Start will process your application and contact you regarding your eligibility for the program.
Available classroom slots fill quickly, so submit your application with all required information as soon as possible. Applications sent without the necessary documentation delays the processing procedures.
1. Complete an application
- Head Start Application: English
- Head Start Application: Spanish (coming soon!)
2. Attach the following documents to submit with your application:
- Proof of your Child's Birth Date (a copy of one of the following): Birth Certificate, Passport/Visa, Permanent Resident Card
- Proof of legal guardianship (a copy of one of the following): Birth Certificate, Passport/Visa, Adoption Papers, Foster Care Record, Written agreement signed and dated by parent and person assuming custodial reponsibility
- Proof of Family Size (a copy of one of the following): Last year's Income Tax Return, Housing Lease
- Proof of Residency (a copy of one of the following): utility bill, lease agreement, mortgage statement, property tax statement
- Proof of your family income for the last calendar year or the most recent 12 months
You can use the following for your income verification:
- Income tax form for the past year
- W-2 form for the past year
- Pay Stubs from the last 12 months
- Employer letter stating total gross earnings from last 12 months
- SSI/TANF/Working Connections Award/Change Letter
- Foster Care grant
- Child Support
- Self declaration statements acceptable under certain conditions
3. Submit your application and other documents to the Edwin Pratt Early Learning Center at 1900 N 170th Street Shoreline, WA 98133.