The Edwin Pratt Early Learning Center opened its doors to 400 of Shoreline Public Schools’ youngest learners on Monday, January 7. In February 2017, over 73 percent of Shoreline School District voters approved a $250 million bond to construct an Early Learning Center and rebuild Parkwood Elementary, Kellogg Middle School and Einstein Middle School. The new 55,000 square foot facility at 1900 N 170th St. is now home to all of the school district’s preschool programs. Those programs include Shoreline Children’s Center tuition-based preschool, Head Start and early childhood special education services
If you would like to learn more about this bond construction project and the other projects supported by the 2017 Bond please visit the district Bond Construction Page: https://www.shorelineschools.org/Page/3436
The Edwin Pratt Early Learning Center is named after Edwin Pratt, a local civil rights leader who was assassinated in front of his home in Shoreline on January 26, 1969, at the age of 38.
At Shoreline Public schools our Early Learning vision is to eliminate the opportunity gap by optimizing the foundational early learning years in an inclusive, equitable community where every child belongs and is supported in developing friendships and becoming a lifelong learner
Here at the Edwin Pratt Early Learning Center we offer a number of comprehensive preschool programs
- Shoreline Children's Preschool: tuiton based preschool options including, half, full, and extended day options.
- Special Education Services: a continuum of services for preschool aged students who qualify for special education services based on their individual needs.
- Head Start Preschool: A federally funded child development program for eligible families serving three- and four-year-old children.
- Shoreline Children's Elementary Extended Care: Before and after school care provided at district elementary schools.
- Programs During School Breaks (Winter Break, Mid-Winter Break, Spring Break,and Non-student Days; Pre-K thru 6th)
Our mission is to provide high quality early learning experiences to all Shoreline and Lake Forest Park preschool aged children. Our mission prioritizes: • Underserved populations • Inclusive learning • Culturally responsive teaching • Working together with all families.