Book Suggestions: For those of you looking for reading suggestions, click on the FlipGrid tab on the left! Plus, post your own recommendations! There will be a new one for summer reading!
Summer Office Hours!! Join me, Aarene Storms (Richmond Beach/Lake Forest Park), and Rick Osillo (Shoreline) to get book recommendations, information on how to use KCLS resources, or just hang out with your favorite librarians and talk about books, writing, pets, siblings, ice cream, etc
Thursdays: 10:00 - 10:30 (Email Ms. Dame for the Zoom link) Starts Thursday, June 25th Hope to see you there!
World's Hardest Book Club: Join Aarene, Rick, and me this summer. Here are the details:
Online: The World's Hardest Book Club
Ages 11 to 18
Do you need a real challenge this summer? Or just a a fun book club to be a part of? Join the World's Hardest Book Club!
Set realistic, challenging reading goals, and help other readers succeed. (You choose your own challenge)
The group meets every-other Thursday in July and August. Starts July 2!
We'll send Zoom meeting details and a password after you sign up.
Proposed dates are July 2, 16, 30 and August 13 and 27. Proposed time is 3pm Pacific Time
E-Audio Books: Click here to watch a video on how to Check out e- and audio- books
Middle School Library Webpage - lots of useful resources and information on this site. Check it out!! I made it with the Kellogg librarian, Ms. O'Connor.
UW Reads - Earn prizes and gear from UW by tracking your reading minutes. Details HERE
Wondering how to get your Chromebook to read text out loud? Find out here as well as some useful Chromebook tips.
KCLS Summer Reading: Here's the link to the details: https://kcls.org/summer/
Einstein Library Staff:
- Anne Dame, Librarian (393-4733, firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Lyn Ching, Library Technician (393-6056, email@example.com)
- Robert O'Meara, Technology (393-5972, firstname.lastname@example.org)
Hours:8:00 AM to 3:00 PM daily.If students would like to stay in the library after school, they need to make arrangements with Ms. Dame or Ms. Ching.Students registered for Hang Time may come to Tiger Tutoring in the library every Tuesday and Thursday or to The WRITE Stuff, Pizza & Books, or Anime/Drawing club on Wednesdays.Miscellaneous Information:
- LOST BOOKS: If you lost a book that was checked out to you, there are several options. You can pay the fine. You can replace the book with a new copy of the same title. You can talk to Ms. Dame or Ms. Ching about doing a book swap. You can also talk to Ms. Dame or Ms. Ching about working or reading off your fine.
- DONATIONS: The library happily accepts donations of gently used books, appropriate for middle school students. We also have a wish list of specific titles we would like to add to our collection.
- RECYCLE PRINT CARTRIDGES: We are a recycling center for used printer cartridges. Please bring yours in as we get money in exchange for them. We then use that money to purchase new materials for the library. We, and our planet, thank you!
- VOLUNTEERS: If you would like to volunteer in the library, we would love to have you. Contact Ms. Dame or Ms. Ching for further information.