Einstein Middle School, located in the northwest part of the Shoreline School District, has an enrollment of approximately 1,100 students 6th-8th grade.
A new school building was completed in September 2020. The beautiful new building was designed to put students and their education the number one priority. The new Einstein Middle School ia 150,000 square feet and consists of general classrooms, gyms, various outdoor play areas, a track and field, commercial kitchen, stage, library, cafeteria, and administrative offices and support spaces.
The staff has high expectations for learning and holds students accountable for turning in high quality work. The staff has worked hard to create systems to assure that all students are held accountable for high achievement and are thinking about post-high school options. Einstein has some awesome electives for middle school students including French, Spanish, Orchestra, Band, Choir, Art, Technology and Computer Science classes, and PE. Einstein also has a rich extra-curricular program including four athletic seasons, Jazz Band, Robotics, and many other after school clubs and organizations that teach important skills outside the classroom.
The school has both special education and English language learner (ELL) classes, and works to integrate special needs students into regular classes.
Einstein Middle School demonstrates its commitment to supporting student learning by:
- Setting clear and high expectations for student learning,
- Creating a college-going culture by regularly talking about and exploring post-high school opportunities,
- Collaborating to develop instructional activities based on research and best-practices,
- Using student learning data to inform and guide instruction,
- Implementing a series of interventions to respond when students are not learning,
- Maintaining a clean and safe learning environment, and
- Providing a wide variety of clubs and activities after school.
Einstein continues to make progress on helping every child meet these high standards:
- Einstein is ranked in the top 8% of all middle schools in the state according to the Washington State Accountability Index.
- Around 84% of the Einstein teaching staff have master's degrees and three are National Board Certified.
- Einstein staff have received grants in order to take all 8th graders to visit the University of Washington, bring the Seattle Shakespeare Company to perform, and other opportunities.
Einstein is even doing its part to reduce its carbon footprint. Our new building was designed to minimize our environmental impact. Students are encouraged to make daily choices to help our community and our planet to be healthy.