Einstein Middle School, located in the northwest part of the Shoreline School District, has an enrollment of approximately 750 seventh and eighth grade students.
Remodeled in 1992, the school added a new instructional wing in 2000. Einstein has a collaborative approach to teaching and learning where teachers work in grade level teams to assure that all students achieve at high levels. The staff has high expectations for learning and holds students accountable for turning in high quality work. In the last two years, the staff has worked to create systems to assure that all students are held accountable for high achievement and are thinking about post-high school options. Einstein has some awesome electives for middle school students including French, Spanish, Orchestra, Band, Choir, Art, Technology and PE. Einstein also has a rich extra-curricular program including four athletic seasons, Jazz Band, Robotics, an Edible School Yard and many other after school clubs and organizations that teach important skills outside the classroom.
The school has both special education and English language learner (ELL) classes, and works to integrate special needs students into regular classes.
Einstein Middle School demonstrates its commitment to supporting student learning by:
- Setting clear and high expectations for student learning,
- Creating a college-going culture by regularly talking about and exploring post-high school opportunities,
- Collaborating to develop instructional activities based on research and best-practices,
- Using student learning data to inform and guide instruction,
- Implementing a series of interventions to respond when students are not learning,
- Maintaining a clean and safe learning environment, and
- Providing a wide variety of clubs and activities after school.
Einstein continues make progress on helping every child meet these high standards:
- Einstein is ranked in the top 8% of all middle schools in the state according to theWashington State Accountability Index.
- Nearly 80% of the Einstein teaching staff have masters degrees and three are National Board Certified.
- Einstein staff have received grants in order to take all 8th graders to visit the University of Washington, bring the Seattle Shakespeare Company to perform, and start an edible school yard.
Einstein is even doing its part to reduce its carbon footprint. Our solar panels installed last spring have saved 48321 pounds of CO2 and have produced 2842 KW Hours of electricity!