Athletics Overview: Forms, Policies, Contact Info
Special note (on 3/15) to all athletes/families: We are clearly in uncharted waters here with school closures and suspension of all athletic practices and competitions through the end of April. At this time we don't have answers to questions about if/when spring sports will resume, what a shortened season would look like if we're able to resume, etc. While maintaining physical fitness and working on sports-specific skills is always recommended during a long-term absence from organized practices, we're also faced with the realities of closed facilities on and off campus, lack of necessary equipment, and the recommendations for social-distancing. As I learn more from the state and local leaders, and from my cohort of Wesco athletic directors, I will share out to coaches. Until then, be safe, stay healthy, and let me know if you have questions.
Alan Bruns - Athletic Director
SPRING SPORTS - start date - March 2nd:
- Girls Softball
- Boys and Girls Golf (two separate teams)
- Boys/Girls Track and Field
- Boys Soccer
- Girls Tennis
BEFORE THE ATHLETE MAY BEGIN PRACTICE/TRYOUTS:
The forms listed below are part of the Athletic Packet and must be turned in to Shorecrest Athletic Director - Alan Bruns.
~ Packets can be found in the main office or in front of the Athletics office window.
~ Packet due to Mr. Bruns by 3:00pm on Feb. 28 to guarantee clearance to participate on 1st day, March 2nd.
~ Packets submitted after that point will still be accepted but clearance for 1st day isn't certain
- Participation permission form (pdf) (cover sheet)
Includes Insurance information and Code of Conduct agreement (pdf)
- Concussion Information Form (pdf)
- Sudden Cardiac Arrest Information Sheet (pdf)
- Athletic Eligibility Guidelines (pdf)
- Yellow Emergency Card (yellow half card). This form is not available online and must be picked up at school.
- Physical Examination form (pdf) A current physical clearing the athlete for participation in sports must be on file.
BEFORE THE ATHLETE MAY PARTICIPATE IN ANY COMPETITION:
- The athlete must be enrolled in at least 6 classes, and must be passing all 6 classes.
- Failing grades from prior grading periods may carry over and affect eligibility in Fall and Spring seasons.
- The athlete must complete the minimum number of practices:
12 for Football
15 for Gymnastics
12 for Wrestling
10 for all other sports
- An ASB Membership must be purchased — $40 @ ASB window in the SAC.
- The district Athletic Participation fee must be paid — $100 @ ASB window - for each season an athlete participates
- Uniform / equipment from any prior sports season turned in (or fine paid).
- The Safety Guidelines form must be turned in to the coach (signed by athlete and parent).
Team schedules can be found on the WESCO website.
Athletic questions can be addressed to:
Shorecrest Athletic Director:
Alan Bruns, 393-4309
Shorecrest ASB/Athletic Coordinator:
Andy Denney, 393-4291
Shoreline District Athletic Director:
Don Dalziel, 393-4213
Additional information can be found by visiting the Shoreline School District Athletics Webpage.