SHORECREST ATHLETICS - Home of the Scots
Informational video for incoming freshmen athletes
Note: The sports-season schedule described in this video no longer matches the updated schedule as laid out by the WIAA this summer.
New Athletic Season Format (updated 7/29, dates could change again)
Season 1 - all Fall sports moved to Season 3
Season 2 - start date 12/28
- Boys and Girls Basketball
- Boys Swim/Dive
Season 3 - start date 3/1, except Football
- Football (start date 2/17)
- Girls Soccer
- Girls Swim/Dive
- Cross-Country (boys and girls)
- Boys Tennis
Season 4 - start date 4/26
- Boys Soccer
- Boys and Girls Golf
- Girls Tennis
- Track and Field (boys and girls)
BEFORE THE ATHLETE MAY BEGIN PRACTICE/TRYOUTS:
Athletic Forms -- NEW for 2020-21: We have moved to an online platform to submit forms, so we'll no longer collect athletic packets. Here's the link to the website and directions are attached below:
* Payments for ASB and athletic fees can be made through the online payment service starting on August 10th
BEFORE THE ATHLETE MAY PARTICIPATE IN ANY COMPETITION:
- The athlete must be enrolled in at least 6 classes, and must be passing all 6 classes.
- Failing grades from prior grading periods may carry over and affect eligibility in Fall and Spring seasons.
- Note for Fall, 2020: a student-athlete who received an "Incomplete" in the 2nd semester of 2020 won't be impacted
- The athlete must complete the minimum number of practices:
12 for Football
15 for Gymnastics
12 for Wrestling
10 for all other sports
- ASB Membership must be purchased — $40 -- online payment link from school homepage or @ ASB window when school is open
- District Athletic Participation fee must be paid — $100 -- for each season an athlete participates, online payment or @ ASB window
- Uniform / equipment from any prior sports season turned in (or fine paid).
Shorecrest Athletic Director:
Alan Bruns, 393-4309 (out of office currently with school closure, email is best way to contact)
Shorecrest ASB/Athletic Coordinator:
Andy Denney, 393-4291
Shoreline District Athletic Director:
Don Dalziel, 393-4213
Team schedules can be found on the WESCO website.
Additional information can be found by visiting the Shoreline School District Athletics Webpage.