SHORECREST ATHLETICS - Home of the Scots
Athletic Season Format (updated 12/17/20 -- dates and sport/season alignment subject to change)
*** WESCO athletic directors will determine by Feb. 1 if COVID and school metrics will allow individual Season 1 sports to begin. At that point our superintendent will make the decision as to whether athletics can begin as planned.
Season 1 (traditional Fall Sports) - Feb. 22 - April 3
- Girls Soccer
- Girls Swim/Dive
- Cross-Country (boys and girls)
- Boys Tennis
Season 2 (traditional Spring Sports) - March 29 - May 8
- Boys Soccer
- Boys and Girls Golf
- Girls Tennis
- Track and Field (boys and girls)
Season 3 (traditional Winter Sports) - May 3 - June 12
- Boys and Girls Basketball
- Boys Swim/Dive
WIAA Return to Participation (updated 10/6)
The Governor’s Office and Washington State Department of Health issued new guidance for returning to education-based sports and activities, using the statistical benchmarks of COVID-19 cases per 100,000 residents in a given county as well as the percentage of positive tests.
County benchmarks will be used to determine which sports or activities are recommended to take place based on COVID-19 activity in the county. These benchmarks mirror those issued by the Department of Health to aid schools in their decision-making process for models of inperson/remote learning.
The three tiers indicate low, moderate or high risk and allow for varying levels of participation. Local control will remain in place related to when a District should choose to resume in person small group athletic or activity practices.
Shoreline Schools Athletics Status (as of 10/6)
Shoreline Schools remain in a holding pattern for return to play participation for Athletics.
The District will reconsider launching small group athletic/activity programs, once King County numbers return to the moderate level.
The District is creating a safety plan and using WIAA sport specific guidance once implementation of small group athletics begin.
Informational video for incoming freshmen athletes
Note: The sports-season schedule described in this video no longer matches the updated schedule as laid out by the WIAA.
BEFORE THE ATHLETE MAY BEGIN PRACTICE/TRYOUTS:
Athletic Forms -- NEW for 2020-21: We have moved to an online platform to submit forms, so we'll no longer collect athletic packets. Here's the link to the website and directions are attached below:
* Payments for ASB and athletic fees can be made through the online payment service starting on August 10th
BEFORE THE ATHLETE MAY PARTICIPATE IN ANY COMPETITION:
- The athlete must be enrolled in at least 6 classes, and must be passing all 6 classes.
- Failing grades from prior grading periods may carry over and affect eligibility in Fall and Spring seasons.
- Note for Fall, 2020: a student-athlete who received an "Incomplete" in the 2nd semester of 2020 won't be impacted
- The athlete must complete the minimum number of practices:
12 for Football
15 for Gymnastics
12 for Wrestling
10 for all other sports
- ASB Membership must be purchased — $40 -- online payment link from school homepage or @ ASB window when school is open
- District Athletic Participation fee must be paid — $100 -- for each season an athlete participates, online payment or @ ASB window
- Uniform / equipment from any prior sports season turned in (or fine paid).
Shorecrest Athletic Director:
Alan Bruns, 393-4309 (out of office currently with school closure, email is best way to contact)
Shorecrest ASB/Athletic Coordinator:
Andy Denney, 393-4291 (working from home, use email link for contact)
Shoreline District Athletic Director:
Don Dalziel, 393-4213
Team schedules can be found on the WESCO website.
Additional information can be found by visiting the Shoreline School District Athletics Webpage.