Since high school students register for six different classes each semester and classes change each year, we recommend only purchasing basic school supplies until students hear what special needs may be required once classes open. For example, students may choose to set up a general notebook for all classes; however, teachers may recommend certain models of calcualtor or a particular lab notebook. In many cases, consumable materials are provided at school. Many of our classes use the school issued chromebook and electronic forms of note taking, texts and storage. The list below will help most students get started.
Shorewood Grade 9 and 10 General Supply List:
School Administration, Teachers and support staff monitor student progress and support student learning in SAS. The following list of supplies has been compiled by our teachers so that students may acquire them before the start of school.
The school will supply a spiral bound paper planner for all 9th and 10th graders to keep track of projects and assignments. Teachers will expect students to have and to use the planner.
- Binders with 8 or more dividers for English, Math, Social Studies, Science and electives.
- College ruled loose-leaf paper (1-2 packages)
- 5-6 Composition notebooks (English, Science, Math, Health, Spanish)
- 2 Folders for Handouts (Spanish and Health)
- Pouch for pencils, pens and supplies
- #2 Pencils (enough for daily use)
- Black Pen and Blue Pens for writing
- Red Pen and Green Pen for various note and text marking
- Highlighters (yellow, blue, green)
- Markers (Fine line set of 10 Classic)
- Colored pencils (12 pack standard)
- Scotch tape with dispenser (for Science notebook)
- Post it notes
- Compass (for Geometry)*
- Protractor (for Geometry)*
- PE clothes (shirt, shorts/sweats, athletic shoes)
- Calculator with Scientific Functions (for math and Science)*
* A limited amount of some supplies may be available to loan for students whom are unable their own for financial reasons.
Students should check with their school counselor if they need assistance with all school supplies.. Donated supplies are available for students who might need them.
Students and families should be aware that there no lockers at Shorewood other the lockers that issued to students enrolled in PE.