Welcome to Echo Lake’s Counselor Web Page!
Hello students and families,
My name is Ms. Farkas and I am Echo Lake's school counselor. Last school year (2018-2019), I worked Mrs. Anderton and became familiar with the amazing school community at Echo Lake. This year (2019-2020), I am at Echo Lake full time. I am very excited to continue working with the students, families, and staff here.
As a school counselor, I work with students to build their social-emotional skills. In the classroom, students work to build their academic skills in math, reading, writing, critical thinking, etc. In order to build their academic skills, students also need social emotional skills. Social-emotional skills allow students to identify and manage their emotions, focus in class, work with others, build friendships, and perservere when things get hard. I perform the following roles in order to promote positive development in the social and emotional aspects of the students’ lives so they are better able to learn:
- Individual counseling
- Small group counseling
- Social-Emotional Learning Lessons in classrooms
- Attend and participate in academic intervention meetings
- Observe students in various school environments
- Consult and collaborate with parents, teachers, administrators, social workers and students
- Respond to school crises or emergency situations
- Provide information and resources to parents on a variety of issues
On this site you can find resourses and information related to social-emotional skill building, mental health, and school happenings.
Feel free to contact me with any questions and/or concerns! I can be reached by phone at 206-393-1265 or email firstname.lastname@example.org