Welcome to Echo Lake’s Counselor Web Page!
Do the best you can until you know better. Then when you know better, do better. ~Maya Angelou
Hello Echo Lake students and parents! I’m Mrs. Anderton, the School Counselor. The 2016-2017 school year is my first as Counselor at Echo Lake but last year I worked as a Family Advocate and was able to get to know many of you. I feel very lucky to get to do this job in such a wonderful school community.
As Counselor, I perform the following roles in order to promote positive development in the social and emotional aspects of the students’ lives so they are better able to learn:
- Individual counseling
- Small group counseling
- Classroom guidance (i.e. large group counseling)
- Attend and participate in academic intervention meetings
- Observe students in various school environments
- Consult and collaborate with parents, teachers, administrators, social workers and students
- Respond to school crises or emergency situations
- Provide information and resources to parents on a variety of issues
Feel free to contact me with any questions and/or concerns! I can be reached by phone at 206-393-1265 or email at email@example.com.