- Kindergarten students who attend their home school and live outside of the 1 mile walk area or in an area designated as a hazardous walk area by the district are eligible for school bus transportation. All Kindergarten students will be provided transportation from neighborhood The bus stops for ourstudents are located at the stop they would use for their home schools, or at the loading zone for the home school itself.
- In order to help our kindergarten families, our kindergarten students have already been routed! Other students in the district have not been routed yet.
- To find the location and times of your student’s bus stop please log into E-Link or call the transportation department at 206-393-4277. You will be asked to enter your student’s grade and home mailing address including zip code.
- Kindergarten bus riders are encouraged to ride the bus each day starting with the first day.
- Children will be met at the bus and taken to their classroom by an adult. Students will receive tags to wear on their backpacks.
- Transportation requires an adult to be at the bus stop before allowing a K child off the bus. We strongly encourage you to be 5 minutes early if possible. The bus cannot wait, so if an adult does not meet the child on time, the child will be returned to school. If this happens, we’ll give the student a snack and call for an adult pick-up!
- Classroom teachers find it very helpful to know more information about the daily transportation of your child. Please notify the office and your child's teacher in writing (note, email) if you are changing your child's plan. If you need to change the plan just for one day, please notify the office before 2 pm (or 12:20 pm on early release Wednesdays).