Welcome to Sixth Grade
We are focused on camp readiness...
Everything You Need to Know About 6th Grade on One Sheet of Paper
Website (updated monthly): BKS Website Classrooms Online Jordan
Email: Josephine.firstname.lastname@example.org (I rarely check email 8:30-3:30)
Boomerang: sent home on Tuesdays: includes graded work, progress report, classroom newsletters first Tuesday of each month, field trip and event information sent home as needed.
- Math & English Language Arts (ELA)– – SpringBoard Curriculum
- Science – Moon, Solar System and Hazards on the Homefront.
- Social Studies –World Geography, Ancient Civilizations, History & Economics.
- Health – Human Growth and Development
- Student planners, homework recorded in planner from 9:05-9:20 each day. Students who are absent or arrive late are responsible for filling out the planner during their free time, recess time, or at home. I have a missing work folder( while you were out…) for students as they return ,it will be placed on the students’ desks.
- Homework could take 40-60 minutes each Tu, W, Th, F night. Usually no weekend homework; a math review handout and reading. I will include writing as well. Some may be finished in class.
Late & Re-Do Work
Work may be re-submitted to improve grade. I encourage (beg) students to do this.
Absent students are responsible for gathering and completing missing work upon their return. I like to receive late work within a week of the absence.
State Testing: No schedule yet, usually begins two weeks after spring break.
6th grade: Math, English & Language Arts (ELA), 4 testing days
Fall Conferences:– TBA Dismissal 11:45 (Online sign-up is available now!)
Winter Conferences:– TBA Dismissal 11:45
Parties & Field Trips: Will need chaperones and help for all but the Kellogg trip.
Field trip to Kellogg in February
Field trip to St. Edward’s Park in June
Snacks & Birthdays: NUT FREE
Snacks: Students my eat snacks in the classroom. NO GLASS CONTAINERS . Classroom snacks must be nut free.
Birthdays: We love birthday snacks. See recent school board policies, snacks must have healthy ingredients.
Class Schedule 2019-2020
Ms. Jordan 302 6th Grade
© Calendarpedia® www.calendarpedia.com
Reminders from the office
- Students MUST have a note from home in the morning to go on a bus that is not their regular bus. All parent notes are approved by our office.
- Try not to call office after 3:00PM with message for child.
- Call or email the office with attendance and early dismissal notifications; cc’ing the teacher is fine.
- All absences must be excused by a parent phone call or note.
- Do not drop off your child before 9AM. . . no supervision
- If the teacher is not in the building, the custodian or another staff member will not let you into the classroom before or after school.
- Thank you