Degrees and Certifications:
Mrs. Okazaki - 4th Grade
Lake Forest Park Elementary
Scholastic Online Book Orders - Class Code JGRLV
10 Things You Should Know About 4th Grade!
- 4th grade curriculum is more rigorous than 3rd grade.
- Students need to be prepared daily for class with ALL needed supplies.
- There is more responsibility and more expectations of students including being more independent.
- Organization is HUGE!!!
- Students will be accountable for their actions.
- There is more thinking and comprehending with the work given.
- Longer stamina in reading is expected. Students should be reading 20-30 minutes each night.
- Students need to know their times table up to 12x12.
- Studying is important!!
- 4th grade is FUN!
We can’t make this a successful year without each other’s support! So let’s make this a great year!
Welcome to my website. I'm excited to begin my 3rd year teaching at Lake Forest Park and my 13th year in Shoreline. I've taught 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th grades in the Edmonds and Shoreline districts. I earned my Bachelor's degree at University of Washington, Masters in Education Reading at Grand Canyon University and am a National Board Certified teacher.
I've been married to Jeff for 26 years and have three great boys - Brian, graduated in 2018 from Gonzaga University and is working as a Mechanical Engineer in Seattle, Brandon, a junior studying Human Physiology at Gonzaga, and Ben, graduated from Shorecrest in 2018 and is starting the nursing program at PLU this fall. My 4th boy is a pomeranian mix named Watson.
I'm busy outside of school cheering at soccer games, exercising, reading, and spending time with family. My husband Jeff works at Boeing. Our weekends are spent walking Watson and watching multiple soccer games.
I look forward to a great year of learning in 4th grade.