Users can fine tune their notification settings for both school and notification type. For General Announcements, you can select Digest, Instant, or choose to turn off notifications altogether (excluding emergency alerts and notices) for email, text, and app notifications.
These settings allow a secondary parent/guardian contact to turn off all notification except for emergency alerts (particularly useful if their partner parent/guardian manages school-related daily activities).
ParentSquare allows users to customize their notifications based on notification type and select their preferred delivery method for each school. The Instant setting will send all post notifications in real-time. The Digest setting sends direct messages, alerts, and time-sensitive posts instantly, but sends all non-time sensitive posts at the end of the day, reducing the number of notifications you receive daily. (We recommend the Digest setting.)
Notification types include:
- Emergency Alerts & Notices includes any urgent alerts and attendance notices (cannot be disabled).
- General Announcements & Messages includes any posts, direct messages and reminders.
- School Alerts includes any Smart Alerts and other student notices.
For General Announcements, you can select whether you want to receive Instant or Digest notifications.
- Off: no notifications about posts will be sent to you. Emergency Alerts and Notices will still be sent, and School Alerts if turned on.
- Instant: you'll receive an email and/or text and/or an app notification every time a notice or message is sent.
- Digest: you'll receive an email and/or text and/or an app notification once a day in the evening with all posts from that day.
The default setting is typically Digest, so that you receive all notices and messages in one convenient notification once a day. All emergency notifications still come through instantly, and a school can override settings as needed for an urgent message. If you choose Instant notifications, and have multiple children in multiple schools, that can add up to a lot of messages.
Update your Notification Setting Using the Mobile App
- From home screen tap the triple bar menu at top left.
- Select Account and then Notifications.
- Select how you want to be notified at each school.
- Turn OFF Custom Settings to use the same notification settings for all schools.
- Turn ON Custom Settings to set different notifications at each school.
- Toggle on or off to receive Email, Text and/or App Notifications.
- Select Instant or Digest for each mode. Note: Digest is recommended – you will receive one notification per day, for all posts, in the evening.
Update your Notification Settings Using a Web Browser
- From Home, click your name and select My Account.
- Under Notification Settings, click Customize your settings.
- Choose your preferred Notification Settings for General Announcements & Messages (Off, Instant or Digest) and School Alerts (On or Off). Once you've made selections, future messaging will send based on your preferences.
- If you have multiple emails or phones listed on your account, set the order of your preferred contacts to receive notifications. Notifications will only be sent to one email and one phone on your account.
Note: the “Choose Best Match” setting will select the most relevant email and phone to send the notification to. Notifications related to the student/parent will go to the personal email/phone, while notifications intended for staff only will always go to the staff email/phone. Posts sent to both staff and parents will default to the parent email/phone.