What is ParentSquare?
ParentSquare is an easy-to-use communication tool that combines multiple communication streams into one easy-to-use interface for families and staff. This year Shoreline Schools will be transitioning from our current notification system, School Messenger, to the much more robust communication platform, ParentSquare. During this transition we will continue to send notifications through School Messenger, but will begin to use some of ParentSquare's tools with families and staff. By next fall, Shoreline Schools will fully transition to ParentSquare, and all notifications and the full suite of ParentSquare's tools will be available for staff and families.
Here’s what you can do with ParentSquare this year.
- Sign required daily Health attestation forms for Covid-19
- Receive messages from the school via email, text or mobile app notification
- Two-way texting with translation between staff and families
- Choose to receive information as it comes, or all at once at 6pm daily
- Communicate in your preferred language
- Direct message teachers and staff through a secure and private interface
- Participate in group messages
Seesaw and Canvas
Seesaw and Canvas are still our primary tools for communicating with families about the classroom. We do not want to change our previous commitment. ParentSquare should only be used to supplement communication where we are not reaching families with Seesaw and Canvas.
How does ParentSquare work?
ParentSquare automatically generates an account for each parent, using the primary email address and phone number you gave your school office (also the email used by Family Access). If you do not remember the email address you used, please contact your school office and they can provide it. We encourage parents to access their accounts so they can download the mobile app and update their preferences on when and how they are notified.
Additional ParentSquare Information and Resources
- ParentSquare Registration and Login
- ParentSquare Daily Health Screening
- ParentSquare App
- ParentSquare FAQ
- ParentSquare School Admin Support