Health and Safety Guidance and Recommendation Documents
You can find our Shoreline COVID-19 Safety Guide here. These safety protocols were guided by the DOH K-12 Schools Guidance, DOH School In-Person Learning Decision Tree, Public Health COVID-19 Response Toolkit, OSPI Employer Health & Safety Requirements for School Scenarios and Summary of PPE Risk Assessments and Requirements for School Positions and Scenarios documents. Some of the general protocols include:
- Masks must be worn by all staff and students when on campus or school buses.
- Families are expected to provide their own masks for their children, but schools will have an emergency supply for those who do not. Students will be accommodated if unable to wear a face mask.
- Each student and staff member will be required to attest they are symptom-free prior to attending school each day.
- Each of the classroom cohorts will consist of 15 or fewer students.
- Classroom seating will be spaced out at least six feet apart and activities will be organized to maintain a distance of at least six feet to the extent possible.
- A school nurse will be on-site at each school.
- Designated routes through schools to maintain social distancing.
- Air filters upgraded to MERV13 as recommended by CDC.
- Daily deep disinfecting between cohorts of students.
- On school buses, students will be seated to maintain recommended distancing and windows will be open to increase ventilation.
New CDC Guidance and Recommendations Relating to Travel and Updated Guidance for Individuals Who Are Fully Vaccinated Against COVID-19 (April 2021)
CDC Travel Guidance and Recommendations
With Spring Break around the corner, we’ve received a number of questions from families and staff regarding travel. In alignment with CDC recommendations, our school district will not require travelers to quarantine before returning to school. However, we strongly encourage families and staff to review and follow the most current CDC guidance for travelers, posted HERE.
CDC Updated Guidance for Individuals Who Have Been Fully Vaccinated Against COVID-19
With many staff and families who are currently or will soon be eligible to receive a vaccine to protect against COVID-19, we are sharing the following revised guidance from the CDC for individuals who have been fully vaccinated. You can find this guidance HERE.