We are excited to offer in-person hybrid and 100% remote learning options for our students and families. In this section of our website, you will find information relating to the implementation of hybrid learning. Please see the webpages in this section for additional information, resources and frequently asked questions. These pages are listed to the left if viewing on a computer screen or by tapping the pages button above if viewing on a mobile device.
Health and Safety
You can find our Shoreline COVID-19 Safety Guide here. These safety protocols were guided by the DOH K-12 Schools Guidance, DOH School In-Person Learning Decision Tree, Public Health COVID-19 Response Toolkit and OSPI Employer Health & Safety Requirements for School Scenarios documents. Some of the general protocols include:
- Masks must be worn by all staff and students when on campus or school buses.
- Families are expected to provide their own masks for their children, but schools will have an emergency supply for those who do not. Students will be accommodated if unable to wear a face mask.
- Each student and staff member will be required to attest they are symptom-free prior to attending school each day.
- Each of the classroom cohorts will consist of 15 or fewer students.
- Classroom seating will be spaced out at least six feet apart and activities will be organized to maintain a distance of at least six feet to the extent possible.
- A school nurse will be on-site at each school.
- Designated routes through schools to maintain social distancing.
- Air filters upgraded to MERV13 as recommended by CDC.
- Daily deep disinfecting between cohorts of students.
- On school buses, students will be seated to maintain recommended distancing to the extent possible and windows will be open to increase ventilation. The most significant safeguard for the students and drivers is to keep masks on at all times.