2020-21 Elementary Chromebook/iPad Checkout Information
K-5 students will have an opportunity to check-out a Chromebook or iPad for school and home use prior to the start of the 2020-21 school year. Distribution will be done via curbside pickup. Please review the addtional information below to be prepared for the Chromebook/iPad distribution.
IMPORTANT!! - The following two (2) items are required at checkout!
- Previous student ID card, OR a piece of paper with student's first and last name, and student ID number (if known) legibly written or printed on it.
- Printed and completed 2020-21 Temporary Technology Usage Agreement. (Acuerdo Para el Uso Temporario de Tecnología para Estudiantiles en Shoreline). If you are unable to print the form at home, paper copies will be available onsite at your school's checkout.
Dates, Times, and Locations
Chromebook/iPad distribution for K-5 will take place at each Shoreline elementary school. Specific dates and times will be communicated to you by your student's school office.
Curbside Pickup Process
Please follow the below procedures to ensure your safety, and the safety of our staff during the check-out process:
- If you or your student(s) are sick with, symptomatic of, or have been in contact with someone with a confirmed case of COVID-19 - DO NOT come to the device checkout. Alternate arrangements can be made to issue a Chromebook/iPad to your student(s) at another time.
- Do not bring any more people than necessary to the distribution site.
- Remain in your car at all times during the checkout process.
- Be prepared to present student ID card (or paper with student name and ID number), and completed forms for each student.
- A district staff member will approach your car and check/collect the ID and forms.
- Once your forms have been processed, a district staff member will return to your car with the Chromebook or iPad, charger, and instructions for home setup. For techquestions, use the tech support link that will be provided in the setup instruction sheet.
- After receiving your device, please follow directions to exit the parking lot to free up space for the next car.
Walk-up Pickup Process
- Follow all applicable instructions under the Curbside Pickup Process section above.
- Look for the designated walk-up Chromebook/iPad checkout table.
- While waiting in line, please maintain the required 6' physical distance and keep masks on at all times.
Already Have a District Issued Chromebook or iPad?
If you checked out a Chromebook or iPad from the district last spring for remote learning, please complete the new form and bring the device and charger with you to your schools Chromebook checkout. District staff will verify that you have the correct device for your school and grade and swap it out if necessary.
The Washington Office of Superintendent of Public Instruction (OSPI) plans to enter into agreements with private partners to provide internet connectivity to students who are low-income. OSPI will cover the costs of internet for those families through the end of the 2020-21 school year. At this time we are still waiting on the details of the plan and will share with families and staff as soon as we have more information.
Shoreline School District also has a limited number of mobile hotspots that can be loaned out to families who need access but do not qualify for the state program or may need one to bridge the gap between the start of school and the start of the state program.
Make-up day for Chromebook check-out will be Thursday 9/3 from 2:00PM - 6:00PM at the Shoreline Center (18560 1st Ave NE). Enter the north parking lot off of 1st Ave NE by the tennis courts. Please complete forms in advance to expedite the checkout process.
Questions or Problems?
For Chromebook and iPad technical support please complete a online tech support form at: https://www.shorelineschools.org/hometechhelp.