Remote Learning Meal Orders
**As with everything COVID related, these plans are fluid and could change. Please check this page regularly for updates.**
**We are happy to announce that the USDA is now allowing school districts to resume FREE meal service for students on a temporary basis. Pre-ordered meal boxes will be free to all students.**
During the remote learning period, we will offer weekly meal boxes through an electronic pre-order system. Pre-orders ensure enough food is prepared each week.
To place an online order click here.
- Meal pre-orders must be placed on Wednesdays for pick-up the following Wednesday. The order form will be open from 12:01am to 11:59pm.
- Each meal box will contain 5 breakfast and 5 lunches.
- Submit one order, including all children in your household on the same order.
- Be sure to pick up your meal boxes at the site and time you select in your order.
Watch a short video on how to place an order HERE.
Meal box entree MENUS:
September 30 PICK-UP Septiembre 30 Recoger
Meal box reheating instructions HERE.
For assistance in filling out the order form or if you do not have internet access, call the Meal Order Hotline at 206.393.4103. Calls will be responded to on Wednesdays between 7:30am-3:30pm. We are utilizing Language Line translation services for interpretation.
If you are experiencing barriers that prevent you from utilizing the meal box program or require additional support, please contact the Family Advocate at your student's school. Family Advocate contact information can be found HERE.
Meal Box Allergens
We are sensitive to the various nutritional needs of our students. If your student has a food allergy and you require special accommodations, please contact us at 206.393.4209 as soon as possible.
Food Production Facility Safety Measures
At Shoreline, the safety of our students and staff is a top priority. Today, more than ever, we remain committed to following state and local health guidelines and will continue implementing coronavirus safety measures to help protect our staff and students. To ensure safety, the following additional measures have been taken:
- Daily health check when employees report for duty and before entering the facility
- Disposable face masks worn by all staff and disposed of daily
- Frequent hand washing and glove use following Public Health Code requirements
- Aprons and chef coats (clean outer clothing) are washed every evening at the Central Kitchen and issued each morning to staff who have passed the health screening
- Personal items brought into the facility are minimal and stored in an area that is disinfected daily
- High touch points are disinfected daily
- Food contact surfaces are washed, rinsed, and sanitized frequently throughout the work day
- Employees on site never exceed 10
- Weekly deep cleaning of facility on Friday
- Staff are assigned to areas that are at least 6’ apart
- Vendors, Maintenance Staff, and other visitors to the facility will be limited. Those who will be allowed access must sign-in, use hand sanitizer, wear a face mask, and pass a temperature check before being allowed entry
- Procedures will be updated and reviewed frequently as official guidance changes
- Staff passing out meals to families or delivering to homes will be required to wear face masks and some will also choose to wear a face shield. These staff/volunteers will wash their hands frequently and if hand washing is not available, they will be provided sanitizer to use as a back-up
Payments During Remote Learning
Payments may be applied to a student meal account in a number of ways:
- PREFERRED METHOD - Debit or credit cards online. We accept VISA, Mastercard and Discover Card. There is a $1.50 convenience fee for online payments.
- Emergency debit or credit card payments by phone at 206.393.4209 or 206.393.4102. There is a $5 minimum charge on all credit card transactions.
- Checks can be mailed to Shoreline Food Services, 18560 1st Ave NE, Shoreline, WA, 98155. Checks should be made out to Shoreline School District. Please note the name of your student on your check.
- All forms of payment accepted in the Food Services Office, located in the back of Hamlin Park at 2003 NE 160th. Check our office hours. Note that masks are required in District offices. Please observe social distancing.
Funds remaining on student accounts will carry-over from year to year while the student is attending any Shoreline School District location.
District Check Acceptance - A $20 fee is charged for all returned checks.