Beginning on Monday, March 23, we are expanding our food distribution program to reach more children. The locations we will provide meal services from 11:30-12:30 each weekday beginning on Monday are:
- Aldercrest Campus (Cascade K-8 and Home Education Exchange), 2800 NE 200th St.
- Echo Lake Elementary School, 19345 Wallingford Ave. N
- Meridian Park Elementary School, 17077 Meridian Ave. N
- North City Elementary School, 816 NE 190th St.
- Parkwood Elementary School, 1815 N 155th St.
- Ridgecrest Elementary School, 16516 10th Ave. NE
- Shorecrest High School, 15343 25th Ave. NE
- Shorewood High School, 17300 Fremont Ave. N
School district meals are provided for FREE to all children 18 and younger each weekday at the locations listed above.
Children will receive a hot lunch and a breakfast pack for the following day. Each day's menu will be posted on the Food and Nutrition Services webpage that morning.
Meals can be picked up using the drive-through at each location or by walking up to the site. If driving, please stay in your vehicle and staff will bring the meal/s to you. If walking up, please maintain social distancing of six feet from others in line.
Additional family food resources are available from Shoreline PTA Council, Little Free Pantries and food banks. Please see the information below on how to access those resources.
PTA Council Family Supports During Shoreline School Closures
Shoreline PTA Council is pleased to be working with our community partners to support students and families during the COVID-19 pandemic and building capacity for serving the broader community. If you are in need of support (or can lend support), please check out the information below. You can also reach out to your school’s Family Advocate to learn about other supports. If you’re not sure who your Family Advocate is, check here.
In need of support?
If you are in need of support, please check out the information below. Please contact your school’s Family Advocate to ask about other supports. If you’re not sure who your Family Advocate is, check here.
Community Food Support
- Hopelink Food Bank (pre-packaged food items)
17837 Aurora Ave. N.
Tues. 12-4 p.m., Wed. 3-7 p.m., Thurs. 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. (closed Fridays)
- North Helpline Food Bank
12726 33rd NE, Lake City
Wed. 10 a.m. -1 p.m.; Thurs. 4:30-6:30 p.m.; Sat. 11 a.m. – 1 p.m.
* Bitter Lake Location Sat. 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- Free Community Brown Bag Dinners
- Ronald United Methodist Church (5:30-6:30 p.m. each Thurs., 17839 Aurora Ave. N. Shoreline)
- St. Dunstan's Episcopal Church (5:30-6:30 p.m. each Tues., 722 N. 145th St. Shoreline)
- POPy's Cafe (5:00-6:00 p.m. each Wed., 14514 20th Ave. NE Shoreline)
- Shoreline Supplemental Weekend Food Support
If your family needs additional food that you are unable to access elsewhere, some weekend food bags are available for home delivery. Food bags will not have all ingredients for complete meals, but will include non-perishable items for the weekend, such as pasta, canned foods, jar of peanut butter, box of cereal, or similar items.
Call 206-385-9385 by 5 p.m. on Wednesdays to request a delivery. The phone line is available Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. Requests made after 5 p.m. on Wednesdays will be scheduled for the following weekend. Food will be delivered Friday afternoons between 12:30 and 4:00 p.m. We hope to provide one bag per household member, but supply is limited so not all requests may be met.
This service is being provided in partnership with Shoreline PTA Council, the City of Shoreline, Sound Generations, Hunger Intervention Program (HIP) and Hopelink.
- Little Free Pantries
- Ballinger: On the corner of NE 198th St. & 14th Ave. NE (Facebook Page)
- Briarcrest Little Free Pantry (14511 25th Ave. NE, in front of Shoreline United Methodist Church)
- Echo Lake/Northridge: 20008 6th ave NE (park on 200th side)
- Lake Forest Park: 25th Ave NE and NE 184th St
- Meadowdale: 15724 53rd Pl. W., Edmonds (Facebook Page)
- Meridian Park: 18312 Corliss Ave N.
- Mountlake Terrace: On 56th Ave. W. between Calvary Fellowship Church & Espresso Break (Facebook Page)
- North City Cabinet & Cooler: 18910 8th Ave. NE (cold food in a cooler & hot food at 8:30 p.m. Mon.-Fri.)
- North City: 1674 NE 185th (Facebook Page)
- Richmond Beach: 1422 NW 195th St.
- Ridgecrest: 15815 11th Ave NE (Facebook Page)
- Richmond Beach: 1422 NW 195th St.
- St. Barnabas Anglican Church/Parkwood: 2340 N. 155th St. (across from Twin Ponds Park)
- The Triangle Little Free Shed: 14544 Evanston Ave. N.
Are you able to lend support?
- NEW! Donate funds for the purchase of grocery or gas cards for families in need!
Shoreline PTA Council is is working with Embrace Shoreline Schools and Kinder Konnection to collect funds for this purpose and partnering with school Family Advocates for the distribution of these cards.
* To donate online, go to https://embraceshorelineschools.org/. If you have cards that you've already purchased and you'd like to donate them, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements.
- Drop off food donations at one of the Little Free Pantries listed above (or build your own Little Free Pantry!).
- Help provide food, rental assistance and utility support by donating to Hopelink.
- Help support child care access and food access through Dale Turner YMCA.
- Donate food items (preferably only what you already have on hand) and provide funding support for food and rent assistance through North Helpline (12736 33rd Ave. NE, Seattle).
10 a.m. - 1 p.m. on Tues., Thurs., & Fri. Ring doorbell next to double doors on side of the top of driveway - do not enter warehouse.
- Donate to United Way of King County's Community Relief Fund: Access to Food to support a network of food banks and family food relief programs countywide.