2021-2022. Shoreline will screen all Kindergarten and 1st grade students. Students who qualify for additional testing are invited to participate in full assessment. Students in grades 2+ may refer their student for screening and assessment.
New students may also test in the summer or at the beginning of the school year (New Student Testing Only).
Testing Timeline for 2021-2022
Screening and Assessment
What is Screening? During screening, the Highly Capable Department reviews recently-collected student-level data. Screener data may include the CogAT Screener, classroom observation data, WaKIDS data, DIBELS, i-Ready scores, etc. Students who meet or exceed the screening criteria for their grade and have parent/guardian permission to participate in testing will move on to assessment. For 2020-2021 Shoreline will screen all Kindergarten and 1st grade students.
What is Assessment? Students who meet or exceed the screening threshold are invited to continue to assessment. Parental/Guardian consent must be provided in order for students to participate. During assessment, additional tests may be administered. These assessments may include the CogAT (screener, post screener, or complete) and/or Iowa assessments.
Testing Schedule and Registration
New Students Only
- Eligibility opportunity in Summer and Early Fall for NEW SHORELINE STUDENTS ONLY who have not already been tested for hi-cap services for this year.
- Students determined eligible for hi-cap services will begin receiving services during teh current school year.
- Students entering grade 1 may participate in a Portfolio Review to determine eligibility
- Students enter grade 2 and above Fall 2021 may register for Assessment
- Screening of all kindergarten students in the Fall
- Students determined eligible for hi-cap services will participate in the Primary Enrichment Program Spring 2022.
- Services will continue through the end of first grade
- Screening of all first grade students in the Fall
- Students who meet the screening threshold will be invited to participate in further assessment
- Students must have parental consent to participate in assessment
- Students determined eligible for services may begin receiving services Fall 2022
- Students need to register to request to have data reviewed for screening
- Students who have parental consent and meet the screening threshold will be invited to participate in further assessment
- Students determined eligible for hi-cap services will begin receiving services Fall 2022.