Incoming ninth graders and other students new to Shorewood or Shorecrest will have an opportunity to check-out a Chromebook for school and home use prior to the start of the 2019-20 school year.
- Shorewood’s checkout will be on Thursday, August 29th (time TBD)
- Shorecrest’s checkout will be on Tuesday, September 3rd (time TBD)
2019-20 Chromebook Usage Agreement- this form must be completed for all 9thgrade and new students prior to Chromebook checkout. Students will not be issued a Chromebook without a signed and completed Chromebook Usage Agreement.
- Form is available online via Skyward Family Access. Sign in using your parent/guardian account (not your student's account). See below for additional instructions on completing online form.
- You may also download and print the Chromebook Usage Agreement form from the district website. (Acuerdo Para el Uso de Chromebooks Estudiantiles en Shoreline). If you complete a paper form, it must be signed by a parent/guardian and then turned-in by the student at Chromebook checkout.
- A paper copy of the form may also be obtained from the school tech office.
Chromebook Program Fee
A fee of $35.00 per student will be collected to help maintain the district take-home Chromebook program. This fee is required to be paid or waived before a Chromebook can be checked-out to the student.
- Online Payment - Go to the Shoreline School District online payment site. See below for online payment instructions. Note: a $1.50 bank fee applies for online payments.
- Business Office - Chromebook fee may be paid in person at the school business office during regular business hours.
- Fee Waiver - Download and print the fee waiver request form. Waiver request forms are also available in the school tech office.
Home Use Opt-Out
All 9th grade and new students will be expected to check-out a district issued Chromebook. However, parents/guardians may choose to opt-out of student take-home use. Families who opt-out of home use assume responsibility for providing adequate access at home for completion of school assignments. Students who opt-out will be required to pick-up and return their Chromebook to a designated location each day as the device will be required for in-school classroom use.
- Download and print the Opt-Out form from the district website. Opt-Out form is also available in the school tech office.
- Opt-Out forms must be signed by a parent/guardian and turned-in by the student at the time of Chromebook check-out.
- The Chromebook Usage Agreement and Chromebook fee are not required if opting out of take-home use.
Online Form Instructions (Skyward Family Access)
Note: If you have more than one student at Shorewood/Shorecrest, you must complete the online form individually for each student.
- Log-in to Skyward Family Access using your parent/guardian account (not your student's account). The parent/guardian account you use must be associated with the students "primary family" in order to view the form and accept the Chromebook Usage Agreement.
- You will be prompted that you have an online form to complete. If you are not prompted, click the "Online Forms" link in the left sidebar of Family Access.
- Click the link for the form you want to complete.
- After reading the Chromebook Agreement, scroll to bottom and click on "eSignature" and
choose "Agree", then enter current date in the "Date" field (date must be entered in MM/DD/YYYY format).
- Click on the "Complete Step 1 and move to Step 2" button at bottom of screen.
- Click the "Submit" button.
- You will receive an onscreen confirmation that the form was completed successfully.
Online Payment Instructions
Note: If you are paying for multiple students you must add the Chromebook fee to your cart separately for each student. You can use the "Your Family" option at the upper left corner of the screen to switch between students.
- Go to the Shoreline School District online payment site.
- Follow the instructions on the page for signing in to your account.
- Once signed in, select the student from your list that you are shopping for.
- Under "Shop" choose the "Items at Students School" option.
- Under "Categories" choose "Chromebook".
- Select "Chromebook Fee".
- Click "Buy" to add the Chromebook fee to your cart.
- Click the "Checkout" link to view your cart.
- Follow the onscreen instructions to complete your purchase. Note: a $1.50 bank fee will be added.
For high school Chromebook program questions please email: email@example.com.
For Skyward Family Access login questions please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.