This Week's Letter from Principal Lara Drew
LETTER FROM PRINCIPAL DREW
April 23, 2020
Dear Highland Terrace Families,
Family Input for Class Placement (by May 1): As difficult as this is, we are needing to think ahead to next year and want to provide families an opportunity to share important information about your child/children to help us with our class placement decisions.
As we create classes, we are intentional in our efforts to create balanced classrooms. We have a strong teaching staff who care about student learning and social growth. We recognize that all students have different learning styles, needs, and respond in a variety of ways to changing environments. We know that your child’s classroom assignment is important to you. In creating balanced classes, we carefully consider several factors:
- Staff & parent input
- Academic and social emotional needs of students
- Peer relationships in our or out of school (positive and negative) that may impact your child.
It’s important for our staff to have your input as we create balanced classrooms for next year. If you would like to share input with our team, please fill out the survey at the below link by May 1. Please fill out a separate form for each child.
HT Family Input for Class Placement 2020: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSddt205rPvsxTS25o9wZ-brkbtR0dK0CfhcuOSLtEz_jFb_Yw/viewform
- Completion of this form is optional and all students are given careful consideration even if no parent input.
- We do not accept specific teacher requests or guarantee placement in a specific classroom.
- Information is not confidential and will be shared with the staff.
- Staff and grade level configurations will not be finalized until the end of August/the day or two before school starts. We will use email communication again this year to inform families of class placement.
I am thinking of our entire Highland Terrace community and sending positive thoughts to all of our students and families.
Principal ♦ Highland Terrace Elementary