Speech & Language Program



Degrees and Certifications:

Khue Tran

My name is Khue (pronounced “Kway”) Tran. I am one of the speech therapists or SLP at Parkwood. I graduated with a master’s degree in speech-language pathology from the University of South Florida, Tampa, Florida, I have worked with students from preschool to high school for 20 years.

  • We love supporting Parkwood through our work in the speech and language program here! The speech and language program at Parkwood has two specialists. Each specialist is called a Speech-Language Pathologist (SLP) or speech therapist.  The speech therapist works with a student with speech sound errors, stuttering, voice problems, difficulty understand directions, and/or difficulty using words to communicate. Students receiving services could be referred by a teacher, parent, or family doctor.

    The speech therapist uses a variety of speech and language tests, teacher and family information to determine whether or not a student could receive speech therapy at school.