Be responsible, be respectful, and be a reader.
Library materials are checked out for 1 week for grades K – 1 and 3 weeks for grades 2-6.
* Students in 1st may check out 2 books.
* Students in 2nd may check out 3 books.
* Students in 3rd may check out 3-4 books.
* Students in 4th may check out 3-4 books.
* Students in 5th and 6th may check 3-4 books.
Students are responsible for the care and keeping of library books they have checked out.
Overdue Books and Lost Book Fines
- Books are considered overdue after 3 weeks.
- Students will be reminded weekly about books they have checked out.
- Students with 2 or more overdue books may not check out until overdue books are returned.
- Parents will be notified via email when books are overdue.
- If a student cannot locate a book, the parent should contact the library right away. Once we've heard from a parent, the student can continue checking out books while continuing to look for the overdue book.
- Report cards are held at the end of the year if there are any oustanding lost book fines.
Damaged Books and Replacements
- Students are expected to take care that books are not damaged while in their care.
- Water damage is the #1 reason for book damage. Keep water bottles in a different part of your backpack.
- If a book becomes damaged, bring it to the library immediately.
- Families are responsible for the cost of the damaged book.
- Report cards are held at the end of the year if there are any outstanding damaged book fines.
How to Pay a Fine
- Families can pay the cost of the book outright. Contact Jennifer or Martha for the price.
- Students can arrange to "work off" the cost of the book by helping in the library. Parent should let us know the book is lost first.