It is best for all prescribed or over the counter medication to be dispensed before and/or after school hours under the supervision of the parent or guardian.
Students who need medication at school are REQUIRED to have a Permission to Administer Medication Form on file with the school nurse. This includes INHALERS and ALL over the counter medication like Tylenol, Advil, daily allergy medication, etc.
- All students that will carry an inhaler while at school or for after school programs, including athletics need to have this form completed: Asthma Treatment Plan and Medication Form
Keeping other medication at school?
- ALL medication must be stored in the school health office.
- Students are not allowed to carry medication unless approved by a licensed health provider, parent, school nurse and school administrator.
- Exceptions include emergency medication, but this still needs to be approved by the school nurse.
- Please refer to Shoreline School District Policy Manual #3416 and #3416Pe.
Please contact the Shorecrest School nurse if you have questions: email@example.com or by phone (206) 393-4308.