From the School Nurse:
Is your child too sick to come to school?
Traditional stay-at-home policy:
- Fever: above 100.0 degrees F
- Diarrhea and/or vomiting
- Inability to contain secretions: (unable to cough or sneeze into elbow)
- Sore throat: (especially if combined with fever or swollen neck glands)
- Rash: (unrelated to heat or other known non-communicable cause)
- Unusual tiredness, paleness, lack of appetite, or irritability
Students should remain home until they are symptom free for 24 hours without requiring medication to treat symptoms before returning to school.
Last Modified on February 18, 2022