Renderings and Site Layout
The Edwin Pratt Early Learning Center will soon be home to 450 of Shoreline and Lake Forest Park's youngest learners. The 55,000 square foot facility will house the District's tuition-based preschool, Head Start and Early Childhood Education programs. It is currently under construction with an anticipated completion date of December 2018. The architect for this project is Mahlum Architects and contractor is BNBuilders. The total estimated project cost is $35,800,000.
The Children's Center Preschool, Head Start and Early Childhood Education programs are currently located at the North City Campus. They will move to the Shoreline Center for a short layover this summer before moving into the new Early Learning Center this winter.
Project goals for this facility include:
- Minimize Transitions
- Child-scaled and Child-centered
- Encourage Creative Indoor/Outdoor Play
- Equitable Access to Nature
- Welcoming and Inviting to All Families
- Encourage Long-Term Project Activities
- Encourage Family Engagement and Collaboration
- Dedicated Library/Resource Space
- Maximize Storage
- Allow Children and Teachers to Adapt the Learning Environment to Individual Needs (Allow users to make choices)