Shoreline Public Schools will serve FREE meals for kids and teens, 18 and younger.
Weekdays-July 6 to July 30, 2021
Drive-thru service will occur each weekday, Monday through Friday, beginning Tuesday, July 6th and ending Friday, July 30th. The district is closed on Monday, July 5th for holiday observance. Any child 18 and under will receive a free meal bag (includes one breakfast and one lunch).
Shoreline Public Schools will operate two drive-thru locations:Meridian Park Elementary School12:15PM to 12:45PM17077 Meridian Ave NShoreline, WA 98133Shorewood High School12:00 Noon to 12:30PM17300 Fremont Ave NShoreline, WA 98133*Hunger Intervention Program will take over meal service at both locations beginning August 2 through August 27.There is no registration or application required. Children do not need to be a Shoreline School District student. For additional information, please contact us at 206.393.4209.>>Scroll down for more locations in our area.>>Printable PDF of flyer below.
Free Meal Programs Operated by Hunger Intervention Program (H.I.P):North City Elementary SchoolJune 21 to August 2711:30am to 12:30pm816 NE 190th StreetParamount ParkJune 21 to August 2711:30am to 12:30pm15300 8th Ave NEShoreline Public LibraryJune 21 to August 271:00pm to 2:00pm345 NE 175th StreetAugust 2 to August 2712:15pm to 12:45pm17707 Meridian Ave NShorewood High SchoolAugust 2 to August 2712 noon to 12:30pm17300 Fremont Ave NTo locate more summer meal sites in our area, call 1.866.348.6479 or visit the summer meals finder at https://www.fns.usda.gov/summerfoodrocks. You may also text "Food" or "Comida" to 877-877 to find locations serving free meals.
COVID Facility Safety Measures
At Shoreline, the safety of our students and staff is a top priority. Today, more than ever, we remain committed to following state and local health guidelines and will continue implementing coronavirus safety measures to help protect our staff and students. To ensure safety, the following additional measures have been taken:
- Daily health check when employees report for duty and before entering the facility
- Disposable face masks worn by all staff and disposed of daily
- Frequent hand washing and glove use following Public Health Code requirements
- Aprons and chef coats (clean outer clothing) are washed every evening at the Central Kitchen and issued each morning to staff who have passed the health screening
- Personal items brought into the facility are minimal and stored in an area that is disinfected daily
- High touch points are disinfected daily
- Food contact surfaces are washed, rinsed, and sanitized frequently throughout the work day
- Employees on site never exceed 10
- Weekly deep cleaning of facility on Friday
- Staff are assigned to areas that are at least 6’ apart
- Vendors, Maintenance Staff, and other visitors to the facility will be limited. Those who will be allowed access must sign-in, use hand sanitizer, wear a face mask, and pass a temperature check before being allowed entry
- Procedures will be updated and reviewed frequently as official guidance changes
- Staff passing out meals to families or delivering to homes will be required to wear face masks and some will also choose to wear a face shield. These staff/volunteers will wash their hands frequently and if hand washing is not available, they will be provided sanitizer to use as a back-up