2017-2018 Extended Care Registration Information
Shoreline Schools Extended Care Enrollment: 2017-2018
These forms may be completed and brought with you when registering your child in person at the Shoreline Children's Center.
Extended Care Registration Update and Timeline
In order to increase our capacity, safety and quality of services, Extended Care will now be offered in 5-day week options:
Before and After School
Includes ½ days
After School Only
Includes ½ days
Before School Only
There will be no additional charge or enrollment for early release days for children enrolled in Before/After Care and After Care only. Staff Work Days and Winter, Mid-Winter and Spring Breaks, will continue to require additional enrollment and fee.
All returning and new registrations will be done in person at the Shoreline Children’s Center at 816 NE 190th St. Shoreline, WA 98155. Office hours are 6:30 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. Registration fees of $50 per family are due at time of registration.
Extended Care on Early Release and Staff Work Days
This year after care on Early Release Days will only be available to students who are currently enrolled in Childrenâ€™s Center after care programs. This change in programming was made last spring in order to ensure safe ratios and group sizes at every site.
The Childrenâ€™s Center will continue to offer care to all program and non-program students on all eight Staff Work Days, beginning on the first of the year, October 13th, as well as 5 days during Winter Break and all of MidWinter Break and Spring Breaks.
These programs will take place at our new temporary site, North City at 816 NE 190th St.
The cost for care for elementary students on Staff Work Days is $45/day, for up to 10 hours.
The cost for care for preschoolers on Staff Work Days is $42/ day for up to 6.5 hour day, $60/day for up to 10 hours.
- May register between March 15-29 (by 6:00pm)
- A student who is currently enrolled either in the Extended Care program or the Preschool program is considered to be “returning.” A sibling of a current student is not considered “returning” if the sibling is not currently enrolled in either Extended Care or Preschool.
- If your child is currently enrolled in Extended care at one of the elementary schools, his or her spot will be reserved, PROVIDED YOU COME IN TO REGISTER THEM DURING THE TWO-WEEK PERIOD BETWEEN MARCH 15-29. If you do not come in to register during those two weeks, your child’s spot will be released and your child will be considered a “new” student for registration purposes.
- A lottery* will take place in the unlikely event that all spots at a site will be filled with returning students; families will be notified by email and called on March 31 if their student is put on a waitlist.
- Registration is not on a first-come, first-served basis. A lottery will be held instead.
- Submit a “Request for Care” form in person, by mail, email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or fax (206-393-4258) between March 30 and noon on April 14.
- “Request for Care” forms are available on our website; hard copies are also available in elementary school offices and the Children’s Center office.
- All students with a “Request for Care” form turned in by 12 p.m. on April 14 will be put in a drawing to be held that day.
- Families who have a student selected from the lottery will be contacted, by email, on April 14.
- Students selected from the lottery* MUST register for their selected spot during a two-week window between April 14-28 in order to save their spot. Students selected from the Lottery who do NOT register during April 14-28 will lose their spot.
- If you have not received an email by the end of the day on April 14, your child will be on the waitlist.
- Those submitting a “Request for Care” form after 12 p.m. on April 14 at noon will be added to the wait list as they register.
*Lottery Info: Students not drawn for a spot will be placed on a wait list in the order their name was drawn. If a spot opens up, the next student on the waitlist will be called and moved into that spot. Families on the wait list have two (2) business days to reply after receiving notification of an available spot. Families then have five (5) business days to come in and register.