LFP Classroom Parties and Birthday Celebrations
Due to the growing number of allergies and health concerns for our students, the LFP staff celebrates student birthdays with a non-food celebration. Each classroom teacher finds a special way to honor each student on his/her birthday. Some examples are: having the student wear a crown, singing to the child, and writing compliments to the birthday child. Students are welcome to donate a gently used or new book to be added to the class or school library in the child’s name in honor of his/her birthday. We appreciate your support and ask that you please do not send in food treats for your child’s birthday. Thank you.
Below are healthy drink and food ideas for classroom parties. Be sure to check with the classroom teacher first to make sure there aren’t restrictions on foods due to food allergies and/or other circumstances. We would also like to encourage parents/guardians of children with dietary restrictions or preferences to let their teachers know about them so that everyone can participate equally.
• Plain Water (carbonated or uncarbonated)
• Low-fat milk (unflavored only) and/or fat-free milk (flavored or unflavored), soy milk, rice milk, etc.
• 100% fruit/vegetable juice w/no added sweeteners
• Fruit/Veggies (fresh, canned, dried)
• Hummus and Whole Grain Crackers
• Fruit & Yogurt Parfaits
• String Cheese
• Beef Jerky
• Sunflower or Sesame Seeds