Welcome to the Ridgecrest Elementary Library!
The Ridgecrest Library offers books, resources, and a learning space for Ridgecrest students, staff and families to use. Our goal is for students to enjoy visiting the library and understand that reading is an important and essential part of everyone's life, both for enjoyment and for a purpose.
Lifelong skills such as research skills and literature appreciation are the focus of the teaching in the library. More information about the library curriculum and how it connects with the classroom curriculum and state and national standards is available under the Curriculum link on the left side of this website.
We believe in giving students choice when it comes to their independent reading and offer as many different kinds of materials as we can to encourage students to read.The library has over 10,000 books on the shelves, arranged similarly to the public library. Our sections include:
- Everybody Books (picture books for every grade)
- Fiction (chapter books)
- Nonfiction (organized using the Dewey Decimal system)
- Audiobooks (mostly on CD, some paired with the book)
- Comic books and graphic novels
The library may be available for meetings or other activities during or after school, but please check with Ms. Freeman and the school office before scheduling activities in the library to avoid conflicts.
The Ridgecrest Library supports our students, teachers, families, and the community by
- evaluating, selecting, and purchasing appropriate resources
- encouraging joy in reading
- teaching and reinforcing research skills
- promoting discovery through independent lifelong learning