These men will:
• Always wear Official Uniform T-shirts/badge while they are on official WatchDOG duty.
• ENCOURAGE STUDENTS! (with lots of smiles and high fives, etc.)
• Help with traffic flow of vehicles and students at arrival and dismissal times
• Monitor hallways and entrances
• Monitor buildings – inside/outside
• Assist at lunch
• Assist at recess, study hall, social times
• Eat lunch with students
• Play or referee on the playground or in the gym
• Read with classes or tutor small groups of students
• Work with flash cards and/or educational games
• Actively and positively engage with their student and others
• Speak to classes about importance of education and career choices
• Be available to mentor male students
• Be chaperones on fieldtrips and away games/activities
• Assist coaches and activity sponsors
• Help students with test review
• Support fine arts classes (i.e. band, choir, art, yearbook, etc.) with your presence and/or experience
• Smile and be a hero for a day!
• Pass out Parkwood Gold Slips when you catch someone
Showing Respect, being Safe, or being Responsible!
These men should NOT:
• Go into students’ (girls’ or boys’) restrooms – please use volunteer/adult restrooms in the music hallway.
• Be alone or unsupervised with students
• Espouse political or religious beliefs to students
• Sell or give their official WATCH D.O.G.S.® T-shirt to someone who isn’t an approved WatchDOG volunteer.
• Engage in any conduct that brings disrespect to himself or his student(s), the school and/or the WATCH D.O.G.S.® Program and other volunteering fathers.
Note: This list is not exhaustive. Each school determines other “do’s and don’ts” based on each individual school district’s policies.