Shorecrest Building Facts
Shorecrest Construction Facts for the New 2014 building:
- It is actually three buildings, which were built in phases as the old building stayed open.
- Classes began in the new building February 24, 2014.
- The dedication was September 27, 2014.
- Architect: Integrus Architecture
- General Contractor: Spee West Construction
- Square feet: 230,505 total (Main Building: 154,965, Gym: 45,369, Arts Building/Theater: 30,171)
- Added in 1986, the theater (stage and house) were kept from the old building. The theater was extensively remodeled and updated while incorporating it into the new arts building.
Shorecrest Construction Facts for the Original 1961 building:
- Dedicated: November 9, 1961, 7:30 PM
- View the dedication program
- Architects: Mallis and DeHart
- General Contractor: Wick Construction
- Mechanical Contractor: L. E. Ballou & Son
- Electrical Contractor: City Electric & Fixture
- Cost of Construction: $2,452,626.25
- Square feet (original): 156,000
- Remodeled in 1986 and 1996
- Replaced in phases between 2012 and 2014 (last day Feb 14, 2014)