Emergency Teaching Substitutes
The Shoreline School District is currently accepting applications from individuals who are interested in being considered for a position as an Emergency Teaching Substitute.
- Applications are screened monthly or as necessary to facilitate district Certificated Substitute workforce needs.
- Four-year degree from an accredited university
- Satisfactory work history
- Applicable experience and skills
- Satisfactory references
- Selected applicants will be contacted by the Substitute Coordinator about moving forward in the process.
- This is an application process rather than a registration process; applications to this pool does not guarantee placement as a Certificated Substitute.
- If selected to move forward and after the Substitute Orientation training has been completed, you will be placed in a general pool of at-will Classified substitutes until you have completed 10 Classified Substitute assignments, have completed the STEDI Training course, and have been issued an Emergency Certificate by OSPI.
Please Note: The emergency certification process may take up to eight weeks and has processing fees associated which are the applicant’s responsibilities.
For more information and details regarding the Emergency Teaching Certification process, please contact our Substitute Coordinator.
***School districts, private schools or educational service districts that have exhausted or reasonably anticipates they will exhaust their list of qualified substitutes may request the Office of Superintendent of Public Instruction to issue an emergency substitute certificate to any individual who is not fully qualified as a teacher or administrator or educational staff associate. The emergency substitute certificate is restricted for use in the requesting school district, private school or educational service district once their list of otherwise qualified substitutes has been exhausted. The school district, private school or educational service district shall determine the employment qualifications an individual must meet in order for the emergency substitute certificate to be requested.
For any substitute questions/concerns, please contact our Substitute Coordinator. For any employment questions/concerns, please contact our Employment Coordinator.
Melissa Carmen, Substitute Coordinator, HR
Craig Stehling, Employment Coordinator, HR