Below are guidelines from the WatchDOGS program, which we have adopted at Briarcrest:
1. Follow your personalized Daily Schedule
2. Always wear your WD uniform t-shirt while you are on WD duty
3. Stop by the office if you have any questions throughout the day
4. Be approachable – smile, talk to the students, listen to them
5. Be smart – follow the school’s policy on appropriate conduct and behavior with the students and faculty
6. Be alert – if a situation arises, please report it to a school official starting with the principal
7. Be available – the goal is to be of service to the school, teacher and students
Be a positive role model – please do the following:
• Never use the student (boys’ or girls’) restrooms
• Always use the faculty/staff restrooms.
• Never be alone with students
• Follow school’s confidentiality policy in regard to students and staff.
• Always be visible to others
• Do not be disruptive when classes are in session
• Do not use profanity
• Do not use any form of tobacco on the school grounds
• Do not share religious or political views
• Limit personal use of cell phones and PDA’s
• Never engage in any conduct that brings disrespect to yourself or your student(s), the School and/or the WATCH D.O.G.S.® Program and other volunteering men.