Here we are in October already, If you are in need of any costumes for the Walk-a-thon, please reach out to me. I have a small assortment of partial and full costumes choices. October is also the month that the Holdiay Basket registration starts. Please see the link located on my page for registration. If you are in need of help, Please stop by and see me and we can do it together. My office is a little off the beaten track, but I love having visitors. Please feel free to stop by anytime.
Our Family Advocate works with the “Families in Action” program which continues to promote the coordination of health, social, educational and community services in support of children and families, so that students come to school “ready to learn.” Funded by a Washington State Readiness to Learn grant, this program recognizes that helping families and helping children succeed in school are inseparable goals that can only be achieved when the community pulls together. In the last three years, we are proud to say that we have built strong partnerships with community agencies and organizations in order to bring a variety of free or low-cost services to the Parkwood community:
• Shoreline Community College – ELL and Adult Basic Education classes for parents
• Dept. of Social & Health Services – Foster grandparents program
• International Counseling Center – Russian and Ethiopian family services
• Chinese Service Center – Chinese counseling services on site
• Consejo Counseling Service – Hispanic counseling on site
• City of Shoreline Parks and Recreation – After school program for kids
• Trinity Presbyterian Church – Classroom volunteers
• Counterpoint Community Services – Counseling services on site
The office of Kendra Treece, our new Family Advocate, is located in the Parent Center and she is available to offer help and support for your student and your family. Her direct line is 206.393.1397 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.